Melissa's Cuisine: Zesty Guacamole

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Zesty Guacamole

This Zesty Guacamole is more than just mashed avocados; the tomatoes and garlic give it a burst of flavor.  You won't be able to stop eating it!
Melissa's Cuisine: Zesty Guacamole
If you had asked me a couple months ago if I liked avocado, I would have adamantly responded no.  So it's a given that I also would have said I didn't like guacamole.  In my quest to become healthier and incorporate more whole foods into my diet, I have been trying to eat more avocados.  I've discovered that I really don't mind them, but you won't catch me eating avocado slices on top of my salad any time soon.  I prefer when they're diced into a fruit salsa, or mashed into brownies.  And surprise!  I've even discovered that I like guacamole (when prepared a certain way).

In the past I'd only had guacamole made with avocados, lime juice, and salt.  I found it much to bland for my tastes and couldn't understand why people enjoyed it.  No offense if you do!  Then a while back I went to my friend's Tupperware party.  The demonstrator showed us how to make guacamole using avocados, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and lime juice.  I hesitantly tried a scoop and found that it was bursting with flavor and delicious!

I'm currently on day 3 of the 21 Day Fix and loving it!  I can eat a huge variety of foods and I really haven't been hungry.  This guacamole is 21 Day Fix compliant, and feels like something I'm indulging in!  Just make sure that you measure the guacamole correctly if you're doing the fix.
Melissa's Cuisine: Zesty Guacamole
Zesty Guacamole

Ingredients:
2 avocados
2 roma tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon salt
juice of one lime

1.  Cut avocado into chunks.  Check out this post for instructions, if needed.

2.  Dice roma tomatoes and cut garlic cloves in half.

3.  Put the avocado, tomatoes, garlic, salt, and lime juice in your food processor and blend until smooth.

4.  Scoop into a bowl and serve with tortilla chips, on tacos, or on top of burgers.  The guacamole will turn brown after sitting out, or if you refrigerate it.  The taste isn't affected but if the appearance bothers you, scrape off the top layer.

Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
01 10 11 12
Blogging tips