Melissa's Cuisine: Grilled Peaches

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Grilled Peaches

Grilling peaches brings out the flavor and juices of the fruit.  These grilled peaches are sure to be a hit at your next cook-out!
Melissa's Cuisine: Grilled Peaches
I asked on Facebook last night if you would rather see a fruit or a vegetable recipe posted this morning.  Surprisingly, the results were split 50/50.  I really thought there would be a stronger preference for one or the other, but that's okay!  I promise you would love either recipe that I posted.  If you were hoping for the vegetable recipe, don't worry, I have a couple coming your way and the first will be posted next week!

On to these peaches...
Melissa's Cuisine: Grilled Peaches
I love grilling food, but grilling fruit is a relatively new idea to me.  I've grilled peaches a few times now and each time I am so impressed with the flavor.  Using a grill imparts a little bit of smokiness to the fruit, but it also enhances the fruit's natural flavors and draws out the delicious juices.  You only want to grill peaches for a few minutes, just long enough to warm them up and add some pretty grill marks.

After the peaches are grilled you can enjoy them plain, drizzled with a bit of honey, sprinkled with cinnamon, or with a scoop of ice-cream on top.  It's a delicious and healthy way to enjoy fruit, and I'd say it's good enough to count as dessert!
Melissa's Cuisine: Grilled Peaches
Grilled Peaches

Serves 4

Ingredients:
4 peaches
honey, optional
cinnamon, optional
vanilla ice-cream, optional

1.  Cut peaches in half and remove the pit.

2.  Lay peaches flesh side down on a hot grill.

3.  Grill for approximately 5 minutes, until the fruit is warmed and softened.

4.  Remove from grill and drizzle with honey, sprinkle with cinnamon, or top with ice-cream.  Serve warm.

8 comments:

  1. Love this idea, so simple and I love peaches. Will have to try this next time we have a BBQ, thanks for sharing on Say G'Day Saturday. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply delicious! I should try making these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never grilled peaches before but it sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I just grilled some pineapple but never grilled peaches. With cinnamon, I bet they are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to use my grill as much as i can to keep the house cool. These peaches would be great with a dollop of frozen yogurt! Yum! Would be honored if you would stop by the Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop and share! Link opens on Tues. 5pm EST.
    Blessings...Shari
    http://puregracefarms.com/2014/06/wonderful-wednesday-blog-hop/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to attempt grilled fruit! I will have to give this a try!
    Yalanda @ Laugh Anyway
    http://welaughanyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never really thought of grilling peaches, but I like to try new things! Thanks for linking to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks delicious. I've just pinned your post! Thanks for sharing at the Say G'day Saturday Linky Party!

    Best wishes for a fabulous week,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips