Melissa's Cuisine: Semi-Clean Apple Pie

Monday, August 19, 2013

Semi-Clean Apple Pie

Oh yum!  I love this apple pie recipe--I bet I could have time to whip it up during a nap time.  It would make a special dessert for Mike and I :)  Thanks for sharing today Susan!

***

Hey, y'all! I'm Susan from what was formally Adventures in my Kitchen, but by the time you'll be reading this it'll be The Foodette!

I am so excited to be helping out here on Melissa's Cuisine as Melissa and her hubby take the leap into parenthood!

I am bringing to you today my recipe for Semi-Clean Apple Pie. I'm sure you've all heard about the Clean-Eating craze... non-processed, no sugar, kind of stuff? Well, this pies insides are clean, but the crust is good 'ol fashioned Pillsbury... hence the semi-clean title. I feel good about this pie because there is no added sugar. That's right, the sweet comes right from the apples themselves and that is it! It's super simple to throw together and everyone will love it!

I hope you enjoy this recipe, and hopefully I'll see you around my new website- TheFoodette!



Semi-Clean Apple Pie
adapted from The Gracious Pantry


2 medium/large sized Braeburn apples, sliced thinly and chopped
1 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1-2 tbs Ground Cinnamon- depending on your love of cinnamon

1 box Pillsbury Pie Crusts for a 9-inch pie

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400* (box said 450*, but 400* worked better)
In a medium sized bowl combine sliced/chopped apples, apple sauce, and cinnamon- mixing well.
Lightly butter or grease a 9-inch pie pan.
Follow directions on pie crust box to thaw dough and roll out into pie pan. Fill crust with apple mixture and follow the directions on the pie crust box to top the pie. (Two-Crust Pie)

Bake for ~25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and delicious looking. Let cool before digging in!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely work, Melissa! Would you be happy to link it in to the current Food on Friday over at Carole's Chatter which is creating a collection of pie and tart recipes? This is the link . I do hope to see you there. There are already some great pies and tarts linked in. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips