Melissa's Cuisine: Perfect Frittata

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Perfect Frittata

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day!  Mike and I often enjoy breakfast for dinner.  This frittata looks delicious!  Thanks for sharing Kelley!


Hi I’m Kelley and I hang my hat at Miss Information. I’m so glad Melissa is taking time to enjoy her new baby Summer! I’m pinch hitting for her a bit while she plays Mommy! Today I wanted to share with you how to make the Perfect Frittata, it’s one of our favorite weekend breakfasts.

1-DSCN6921

First you have to have the right pan. You need a Unison Frittata pan where the 2 pans hook onto each other like this one. Mine is a Circulon from Williams Sonoma.

1-DSCN6917

The other nice thing about the recipe is that you can put whatever you want into it. You start with 6 eggs and add whatever toppings you want. Here is what I put into the one you see.

Ingredients:
6 eggs
1 tsp. butter
1 roma tomato chopped
1/2 cup of spinach
1/4 cup of diced ham
1/4 cup of low fat feta cheese
Salt and Pepper

Whisk your 6 eggs and add a pinch of salt and pepper to your preference. Put the butter into the larger of the 2 pans and start to melt it. Throw in the ham and spinach. Once the spinach starts to melt throw in the tomato. once the spinach is melted then pour in your eggs and then the feta. Mix around to spread the ingredients. Using a rubber spatula start to pull the eggs from the side toward the middle and let the wet egg flow down into the open space. Keep doing this around the pan until you get most of the wet egg down and you your eggs are starting to get height. Grab the smaller of the 2 pans and lock it into the larger pan. Flip the pan and let it sit for about 3-4 minutes. Leaving the other pan on will allow the cheese to melt more. Take the pan off and use your rubber spatula and lift the edge of the Frittata up to see if it is cooked enough. Once it is cooked to your preference then slide it onto a plate. Cut and serve with a side of fruit.

1-DSCN6925

If you have any questions please feel free to ask them and use this basic recipe to get creative with what you have in your fridge. I hope you will come and visit me at Miss Information. If you liked this recipe you might also like my:








1 comment:

  1. Thanks Melissa for having me! Hope all is well with the baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips