Melissa's Cuisine: Worms in the Dirt Dessert

Monday, July 01, 2013

Worms in the Dirt Dessert

Melissa's Cuisine: Worms in the Dirt Dessert
I've heard that over the course of your lifetime, you can consume as much as one pound of dirt!  For most of us, it's not intentional but comes from particles in water, unwashed fruits, and (of course) the food we eat after dropping it on the ground.  So much for the 5 second rule...  Are you sufficiently grossed out yet?  I hope you've at least stuck around to find out why I am talking about dirt...
Melissa's Cuisine: Worms in the Dirt Dessert
Here's a recipe for dirt that I would be happy to willingly eat!  These Worms in the Dirt Dessert cups have been around forever.  They often made their appearance at class parties when I was younger, and recently, we had them at a friend's baby shower.  The theme was Peter Rabbit and we all know how much he loved to steal veggies from Mr. McGregor's garden! 

I made these for our Memorial Day cookout.  I'm not sure what made me chose this dessert, except that I wanted something individually portioned and unique.  They are so easy to make, and they look so fun.  Not to mention, they taste pretty good too!
Melissa's Cuisine: Worms in the Dirt Dessert
Worms in the Dirt Dessert

Serves 4

Ingredients:
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding
2 cups cold milk
10 Oreo cookies, crushed
16 gummy worms
4 clear plastic cups

1.  Whisk pudding powder and milk together until the powder is dissolved.

2.  Reserve 1/4 cup of the crushed Oreos and mix the rest into the pudding.

3.  Evenly divide the pudding between 4 clear plastic cups.

4.  Sprinkles reserved crushed Oreos on top of the pudding cups.

5.  Place 4 gummy worms on top of each cup of "dirt".

Refrigerate until you're ready to serve. 

2 comments:

  1. My dad would make these for my brother and I growing up when we went camping. He would always say the same corny thing "it looks like the worms were eating our dessert".

    This is one of the desserts that kids will enjoy for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elderly relatives and young married couples will enjoy having a special dessert delivered to their door ready for them to enjoy without the hassle of having to prepare it themselves.Japanese dessert Toronto

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips