Melissa's Cuisine: Peach Lemonade

Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Peach Lemonade

Melissa's Cuisine: Peach Lemonade (just 2 ingredients!)
I am so excited!  Do you know why?  It's because I have a four day weekend, starting tomorrow!  But that's not the only reason I'm excited.  The best part is, Mike also has a four day weekend!  His work has been so busy for the past 6 months that it's rare he has more than just Sunday off.  So both of us having four consecutive days off together is something to celebrate!

We plan to spend Thursday in my hometown celebrating the 4th of July.  Then Friday, we've declared a "relax" day.  There are a few movies out that we want to see, so we'll probably hit up a movie and then spend the rest of our day doing whatever sounds fun.  Saturday, I have a baby shower (so excited!) and then Sunday we'll stick with our typical routine of church and dinner with my parents.  I'm so looking forward to spending some much needed quality time with my husband!

We've both been hit with the realization that our time together as a family of 2 is limited.  At my doctor appointment earlier this week, the doctor said our baby is ready to come, so now it's just a matter of time.  Mike and I plan to enjoy every minute together in these last few weeks or days before our baby arrives.

That being said, I hope that you'll understand when I don't post a new recipe this Friday.  I'll be spending the day with Mike!  And who knows, I might be able to spend a few minutes in the kitchen working on some new recipes.  I'm trying to stock pile some posts for when the baby is here and I'm too tired to think about blogging.  If you're interested in submitting a guest post to help me out during that time, I'd love to hear from you, just shoot me an email!

Now, on to this Peach Lemonade recipe.  I've loved peach nectar ever since my first trip to Romania, almost 8 years ago now.  On the plane we were served peach nectar and it was so unbelievably delicious!  Since then, any time I see peach nectar as an option at a restaurant (very rare in the states) or on the shelf at the store, I have to have it!  It's so sweet and tastes like you're biting into a juicy peach, minus the juice running down your chin.  When I saw a recipe combining lemonade and peach nectar, I knew it would be a winner.  I served this drink with dinner when we had our small group over a couple weeks ago.  It was a hit with everyone who tried it.  I know this will be another summer drink staple in our house!
Melissa's Cuisine: Peach Lemonade (just 2 ingredients!)
Peach Lemonade

Serves 6-8

Ingredients:
1 quart lemonade
1 cup peach nectar

Combine the lemonade and peach nectar.  Chill before serving.

Source: Shaken Together

Here's another delicious lemonade recipe that would be great for your 4th of July celebration:
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade

2 comments:

  1. Dropping by from whatcha whipped up! Very refreshing Lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This sounds wonderful for a hot summer day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips