Melissa's Cuisine: Zucchini Bites

Friday, September 19, 2014

Zucchini Bites

Baked zucchini bites are a fun way to enjoy fresh zucchini!
Melissa's Cuisine: Zucchini Bites

I still have a few zucchinis lingering in my kitchen, so I decided I needed to make one more zucchini recipe this summer.  I found this idea when I was looking for my Secret Recipe Club recipe this month.  (I posted Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies on Monday!)

These baked zucchini tots are like tater tots...except they are made with zucchini.  I was a little skeptical going into the creation of these, but I ended up loving them!  Next time I'll bake them a little longer so they are crispier, but otherwise these were delicious.

I ate mine plain, but offered ranch dressing for Mike to dip his in.  Surprisingly, he actually liked these...score!

Baked Zucchini Tots

Makes about 12

Ingredients:
1 cup shredded zucchini (about 1/2 of a large zucchini)
1 egg
1/4 cup diced sweet onion
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs

1.  Combine all of the ingredients.

2.  Scoop into greased mini-muffin tins.

3.  Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes, until the tots are set and golden brown on top.

Serve hot, with ranch for dipping if desired.

Source: Making Memories with Your Kids
01 10 11 12
Blogging tips