Melissa's Cuisine: Chili Dogs

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Chili Dogs

Melissa's Cuisine: Chili Dogs
I must admit, I am not a big fan of leftovers. Some foods are okay reheated, but most I tend to shy away from. Good thing Mike loves leftovers! He typically eats whatever we have for dinner one night for lunch the next day. I try to make recipes that make a good amount so that he has leftovers. Mike works a very physical job, and so by time lunch rolls around, he is ready for a filling meal, not just a sandwich or two.

One meal that I do enjoy as leftovers is chili. The longer the chili sits, the more the flavors meld together and the better it tastes! Another good thing about leftover chili is that it makes delicious chili dogs.  I haven't always been a fan of hot dogs, but it's a meal that Mike often requests, and let's face it, they're easy to make!

Recently, I saw a clip on television about loaded hot dogs and I haven't been able to get them off my mind since then.  We had some leftovers from the batch of chili that I made, so I decided that we'd have chili dogs.  I drained off some of the liquid so we wouldn't have soggy buns, and topped the chili with some cheese.  These chili dogs were everything I was hoping they would be!

Melissa's Cuisine: Chili Dogs
Chili Dogs

Makes 8 chili dogs

Ingredients:
8 hot dogs, cooked
8 hot dog buns
2 cups chili, warmed
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1.  Place each hot dog in a bun.

2.  Top each hot dog with approximately 1/4 cup warmed chili.  (I used a slotted spoon to scoop out the chili and drain off some of the liquid before topping the hot dog.)

3.  Top the chili dogs with shredded cheddar cheese.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I'm not a big fan of leftovers. Although what I've been doing lately is making enough food for two meals and then freezing the other 1/2 for another week when life is too busy to cook (chili freezes/reheats great). I'm also a sucker for a chili dog now and then (two times a year maybe) and homemade chili is the best! These look yummy.

    Come by and visit soon www.curvesandacamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love Chili Dogs, we are preparing Chili Dogs for our Youth Department at Church, next week, I can't wait to eat my share! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips