Melissa's Cuisine: Homemade Vanilla {Flashback Friday}

Friday, November 08, 2013

Homemade Vanilla {Flashback Friday}

This homemade vanilla makes a great Christmas gift or the perfect pantry staple!
Melissa's Cuisine: Homemade Vanilla
I love giving and receiving homemade gifts.  There's something so special about the extra effort put into each gift.  Last year, I gave my father-in-law a year's worth of baked goods; he could pick anything and I'd make him his own treat once a month.  He loved the gift, and I've really enjoyed baking something for him each month.

Another homemade gift I love to give is vanilla.  Anyone who spends time in the kitchen can benefit from this gift.  I use vanilla in cookies, cakes, muffins...almost everything I bake has vanilla in it.  I always use my homemade vanilla.  Last fall my boss traveled to Madagascar and brought back some Madagascan Vanilla Beans for me; the flavor it gives this vanilla is outrageous!

Melissa's Cuisine: Homemade Vanilla
If you want to be really creative, you can design your own label for the vanilla like I did for the bottle in the top picture.  It gives the gift an extra personal touch!

The vanilla takes about 8 weeks to reach full potency, so you'll want to make it soon if you want to gift it for Christmas!  (I know it's only 7 weeks away, but that should be fine.  You could always leave a vanilla bean or two in the jars you divide it into.)
 
Get the recipe: Homemade Vanilla

3 comments:

  1. Hello saw this over at Marvelous Mondays linky party.Love this post. I will be doing this for my own pantry!
    -Gina from Always Savory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made some vanilla last year. This makes me want to do it again. I love the bottles you put it in. Theresa @DearCreatives

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will make a great gift! Thank you so much for taking the time during this busy season to share your wonderful post with Full Plate Thursday. Have a wonderful weekend and hope to see you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips