Melissa's Cuisine: Gingerbread Spread

Monday, November 18, 2013

Gingerbread Spread

This delicious Gingerbread Spread tastes like Christmas!
Melissa's Cuisine: Gingerbread Spread
I love holiday flavors. You know the ones I mean: pumpkin, apple, peppermint, gingerbread. Oh gingerbread, the quintessential flavor of Christmas!

Who hasn't decorated a gingerbread bread house or devoured a plate full of gingerbread boy cookies? This time of the year, gingerbread is so popular!
Melissa's Cuisine: Gingerbread Spread

I wanted to stick with my flavors of the season theme for this month's Secret Recipe Club. The past two months I made something apple and pumpkin.

I was assigned Chris' blog, Mele Cotte. Did you know Mele Cotte means baked apple in Italian?  I love baked apples, so I knew I would love Chris' blog. I had plenty of options to choose from as her recipe catalog is quite impressive! After narrowing down my list, I settled on making Gingerbread Spread.
Melissa's Cuisine: Gingerbread Spread
This spread was so easy to create as it is simply a spiced cream cheese. I also found its uses to be extremely versatile. I enjoyed this spread on a toasted bagel as well as as a dip for animal crackers. I think it would also pair wonderfully with sliced apples or graham crackers.
Melissa's Cuisine: Gingerbread Spread
Gingerbread Spread

Makes approximately 1 cup

Ingredients:
1 8 ounce block cream cheese
2 Tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground Ginger
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground Cloves


Mix all the ingredients together until smooth. 
Store in a covered container in the fridge.

Source: Mele Cotte

20 comments:

  1. Oooh! This is a good one. Thanks for checking out my blog and choosing a favorite! I love that you recognize its versatility. :) Happy Holidays!

    Chris (www.melecotte.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FABULOUS festive and seasonal recipe, I LOVE this! Happy Reveal Day - Karen from group C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was giddy when I read the title of this reicpe - I love me some gingerbread and talk about the perfect holiday appetizer - pinning now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMM, I love anything holiday-flavored, so this is right up my alley. I think I'm going to give this a try for an indulgent breakfast next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...that looks like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely wonderful! I love holiday flavors too and this looks like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love flavored cream cheese, and this one is perfect for the upcoming holidays. Who could ever say no to a bagel with schmear?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooo.... I love this! :) I need to make myself some asap.
    Thank you so much for sharing at Marvelous Mondays this week- Pinned & sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks and sounds incredibly tasty! Glad to be part of SRC group C with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so yummy! Thanks for the inspiration for my month's recipe as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how good would this be on cookies, or fruit, or toast. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, this sounds so yummy! I absolutely LOVE anything gingerbread... I love the taste and that warm scent, and this spread sounds amazing!!!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Gingerbread Spread! Thanks so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday and enjoy your Thanksgiving week!
    Come Back Soon
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pinned! Loving this! I have a gingerbread PB recipe I'm posting next week. I love these flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I was totally reminded of cookie butter here for a second :) this is a wonderful easy-make version for everything else I've ever wanted to spread the taste of Christmas on. Glad you could share!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Gingerbread spread sounds amazing. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned Link Party. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you like to maintain a good health, you should take Keto diet. No side effect of this Keto diet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips