Melissa's Cuisine: Watermelon Popsicles

Monday, August 11, 2014

Watermelon Popsicles

Refreshing, delicious, and healthy too! These Watermelon Popsicles are the perfect summer treat!
Melissa's Cuisine: Watermelon Popsicles



Something really neat happened the other day.  I was reading through the comments on my blog (I love getting comments!) and came across one that said "we're neighbors".  I thought, yeah okay we probably live in the same state or maybe even the same town, I'm sure that's what she means by "neighbors".  I figured I would investigate a little bit so I clicked over to read the commenter's blog.  Hmm...that little girl and that dad look familiar.  A little more reading and I discovered that she really was my neighbor.  In fact, she lives just 5 or 6 houses down the road and we'd recently met them when we were out for a walk.  Small world!

That's one of the things I love about blogging!  You never know who you will meet!  I've met so many people while blogging and we've even become friends on Facebook, sharing our lives with each other.
Melissa's Cuisine: Watermelon Popsicles
Last summer I won a contest held by another blogger.  I didn't know my prize and a couple weeks later I received a package in the mail.  Inside were these fun popsicle molds!  I was just a little busy last summer (having a baby tends to do that to you!), and so these molds went in my pantry closet until a couple days ago.

Watermelon was on sale last week, and I can never resist buying one!  Then I get it home and realize that that's a lot of watermelon for one person to eat!  (Mike doesn't care for it, and Summer isn't a fan...yet...)  I decided I would put it to good use and try out my popsicle molds at the same time.
Melissa's Cuisine: Watermelon Popsicles
These popsicles could not be any easier!  I just put a few cups of diced watermelon in my blender, gave it a whirl, and then poured the puree into the popsicle molds.  After a few hours in the freezer, the popsicles were ready.

They're healthy and delicious.  And as a bonus for me, they're made from all real ingredients (watermelon!) and so I can enjoy them without the guilt.  These will definitely be a staple in our freezer during the summer, as well as many other flavors I've been dreaming up!
Melissa's Cuisine: Watermelon Popsicles
Watermelon Popsicles

Makes 6

Ingredients:
5 cups diced seedless watermelon

1. Place watermelon in your blender and puree.

2.  Pour pureed watermelon into popsicle molds, following the directions for your specific molds.  If you don't have popsicle molds, follow the directions using cups here.

These are the popsicle molds I use and love:

3 comments:

  1. Haha!! It is a small world!! You should have seen
    my face when I realized we were neighbors!!
    Haha!!! How totally random!! :-P I immediately
    called Matt and was like you wouldn't believe this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I was the same way with Mike! It was a fun discovery :)

      Delete
  2. These look so good. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party.
    Have a great week.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips