Melissa's Cuisine: S'mores Candy

Monday, July 21, 2014

S'mores Candy

All the components of s'mores, graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows are combined in this sinfully delicious candy!
Melissa's Cuisine: S'mores Candy
I have to admit, this month's Secret Recipe Club reveal really snuck up on me!  I was excited when I got my assignment and almost immediately headed over to check out Desi's site, Steak N Potatoes Kinda Gurl.  I've been reading Desi's blog for a long time, and a couple months ago she made one of my recipes for reveal day.  I love to read about the restaurants she goes to and her recipes are delicious!

I picked out a few recipes that caught my eye...and then forgot about it.  Oops!  Then I got an email on Friday reminding me that my reveal day was on Monday!  I knew it was the 21st, I just hadn't realized that it was so close.

Anyway, I looked back over my list of recipes I'd chosen from Desi's blog, and was drawn back to these Graham Cracker S'mores Candies.  We are camping this week, and so my mind is on packing and camp food.  You have to have s'mores when you're camping, so this snack was absolutely perfect.

These candies are so easy to make.  They were done in about 15 minutes.  I could hardly wait for them to cool down enough so I could try one!  The caramel mixture seeps into the graham cracker transforming it into a delicious toffee.  Then the marshmallows and chocolate melt and get all gooey.  The only change I made was to use chocolate chips instead of pieces of a chocolate bar, because my chocolate bars were packed for camping. This candy is perfection!
Melissa's Cuisine: S'mores Candy
S'mores Candy

Ingredients:
12 graham crackers
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup chocolate chips

1.  In a small saucepan, melt the butter.  Add the brown sugar and stir until the mixture comes to a boil, about 4-6 minutes.

2.  While the caramel is heating, line a baking sheet with foil.  Place graham crackers evenly on the foil, covering the bottom of the pan.

3.  Pour the caramel evenly over the crackers.

4.  Bake at 350 for 5-6 minutes, until bubbly.

5.  Remove from oven and top with marshmallows and then chocolate chips.

6.  Return to oven for 2-3 minutes, until marshmallows soften and puff up.

Cool completely and cut into squares.  Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between the layers of candy.

Source: Steak N Potatoes Kinda Gurl

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, delicious....s'mores combined with like a caramel layer too! Sounds like a diet breaker :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found this on Bloggers Brag Pinterest Party! I love S'mores! I added a S'mores cupcake recipe. lol Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of Cracker Candy. I HAVE to try these. S'mores bring back so many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these look AMAZING! Totally in love. :) Visiting from Group A! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a fun recipe and club! How does one join?? :-) Unless it is that secret.
    Thanks for linking this up in the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party, bring us some more recipes soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips