Melissa's Cuisine: Funfetti Cupcakes

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Funfetti Cupcakes

Add a few extra ingredients to a boxed cake mix for a delicious cupcake!  These cupcakes are bakery quality!
Melissa's Cuisine: Funfetti Cupcakes

My baby girl turned one yesterday.  How is that even possible?  It's incredible to think about how far we've come in the past year...

My little 8 pound 2 ounce baby is now a happy and healthy 20 pound girl.  She loves food and she loves to play.  I think she takes after her mommy :)  She is the happiest baby I've ever seen and so much fun to be around.

We celebrated her birthday a couple weeks ago with a big party full of family and friends.  We had a duck theme for her party because she loves her duckies!  You can read about her party here.  You're probably wondering why I would do a blue cupcake for a girl's birthday party, right?  Well, the intention was for the frosting to look like water and then I used white Sugar Pearls to look like bubbles to go along with the rubber duck theme.

However, things don't always go as planned.  The cupcakes themselves turned out amazing!  They were some of the best cupcakes I've ever had.  The frosting however, was a completely different story.  I decided to try a new recipe that looked amazing, but when I made it, it was anything but.  The frosting didn't set and I ended up with a bowl full of runny frosting.  I thought maybe I could salvage it, but after tasting it, I knew that wasn't going to happen.  I opted to go the foolproof route, and ran to the store for a can of frosting :)

Even with the frosting debacle, the cupcakes were a hit.  Everyone loved them, especially Summer, and that's what was important!

Melissa's Cuisine: Funfetti Cupcakes


Funfetti Cupcakes

Makes 24

Ingredients:
1 box (15.25 ounce) Funfetti cake mix
1 box (3.4 ounce) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
3 eggs

1.  Mix the cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil, milk, sour cream, and eggs together in a large bowl until smooth.

2.  Line 2 12 count cupcake tins with cupcake liners.

3.  Pour the batter into each liner, filling about 3/4 of the way full.

4.  Bake at 350 for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.

Cool the cupcakes before frosting.

Source: Deliciously Sprinkled
01 10 11 12
Blogging tips