Melissa's Cuisine: Cheeseburger Pizza

Monday, May 05, 2014

Cheeseburger Pizza

Cheeseburgers for dinner tonight, or pizza? Both sound good, but why decide between the two? You can have both with this Cheeseburger Pizza!
Melissa's Cuisine: Cheeseburger Pizza
Do you get coupon booklets in the mail?  I love when we do because they save us money, but also because sometimes they introduce me to new foods or restaurants.  Many times Mike and I have tried something new because we had a coupon for it!

We recently received some coupons for a pizza joint.  I set the coupons aside, not because I wanted to go there, but because the picture of their newest pizza caught my attention.  It was a cheeseburger pizza!  Genius, right?  I've had a variety of uncommon pizzas: BLT Pizza, Jerk Chicken Pizza and Breakfast Pizza  to name a few, but the concept of a cheeseburger pizza never occurred to me.

Saturday nights are typically our pizza nights, so I decided to branch out and try my take on the cheeseburger pizza.  I used some creamy Velveeta and mixed it with cooked ground beef to make a delicious sauce.  I put that on my favorite pizza crust and then topped it with a layer of mozzarella cheese.  When the pizza came out of the oven I added diced tomatoes and pickles.  I briefly considered adding on some shredded lettuce but opted against it because warm lettuce didn't sound appetizing.  You could add virtually any toppings you enjoy on burgers or pizza!
Melissa's Cuisine: Cheeseburger Pizza
Cheeseburger Pizza

Makes 1 large pizza, approximately 8 slices

Ingredients:
Pizza dough
1 lb ground beef
1 lb Velveeta
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup diced pickles
1/2 cup diced tomatoes

1.  Roll out or press pizza dough onto a greased pizza pan (or pizza stone).

2.  Cook ground beef in a large skillet until browned.  Drain grease.

3.  Cube the Velveeta cheese and add it to the skillet with the beef.  Cook on low heat, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted.

4.  Spread the meat and cheese mixture on top of the pizza dough.

5.  Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.

6.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until pizza dough is cooked through in the center and the edges are golden.

7.  Top warm pizza with diced pickles and tomatoes.  Serve warm.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, that pizza sounds delicious. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I make this recipe, there are NO leftovers! Everyone raves about it! In my oven, I only bake the crust for 15 minutes. I use a 12 inch round pizza pan. I also get an empty, large pizza box from our local pizza joint, if I’m bringing it to a party. This is now my favorite thing to bring to any get together!

    Hannah
    Super deals on Bellevue Cellphone Repair

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips