Melissa's Cuisine: Bite-sized Cheesecake Brownies

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Bite-sized Cheesecake Brownies

The perfect sized two-bite brownie...and cheesecake! No more deciding between your two favorite desserts with this decadent combination!
Melissa's Cuisine: Bite-sized Cheesecake Brownies
I love baking for other people.  One reason is that I like to try new things, and I love to see other people's reactions when they eat them.  You could say food is my love language.  Another reason is because baking for others gives me the chance to bake, but not to have to eat everything I make.  I'm trying to lose weight, not gain it!

Every couple weeks, Mike and I get together with some of our friends from church for our life group.  We rotate who hosts the gathering and take turns providing the main meal, salad, and dessert.  I often volunteer to bring dessert because it's my favorite thing to make!
Melissa's Cuisine: Bite-sized Cheesecake Brownies
Recently it was my turn to bring dessert and I was craving brownies.  I'd brought Cookie Dough Brownies before and while those sounded good, I wanted to make something different.  I came across a recipe for Cheesecake Brownies and I knew that was the perfect dessert!  It's always nice to have something that isn't messy to eat since we are usually eating on the couch or floor.

These Bite-sized Cheesecake Brownies are incredibly easy to make!  I "cheated" and used a boxed brownie mix because I didn't have a lot of time, and let's face it, they're pretty delicious.  The cheesecake mixture came together quickly and within minutes, my brownies were in the oven.  I was able to mix, bake, cool, and photograph these brownies all while Summer was napping.  That's a win in my book!

I had to sample a few brownies of course while I was photographing them.  I won't tell you how many I tried...  I came home with an empty tray that night--a sure sign of a delicious dessert!
Melissa's Cuisine: Bite-sized Cheesecake Brownies

Bite-sized Cheesecake Brownies

Makes 24-30 brownie bites

Ingredients:
1 boxed brownie mix, plus ingredients to make it
8 ounces cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 egg yolks

1.  Mix brownie mix according to the box's directions.

2.  Beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg yolks until fluffy.

3.  Scoop 1 Tablespoon of brownie batter into greased mini muffin tins.

4.  Top brownie batter with 1 teaspoon of cheesecake mixture.

5.  Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a brownie comes out clean.

Allow brownies to cool at least 10 minutes before removing from the tin.  Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.

Adapted from: Annie's Noms

14 comments:

  1. This recipe looks delicious!! I'm saving and sharing it. Found you via the Cook it, Craft it link up tonight. Hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fantastic!!! Seriously, how could you combine anything better than brownie and cheesecake ... And into bite size pieces!! Yum!! Thanks for linking up last night at Cook It! Craft It! Share It!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my favorite things, brownies and cheesecake all rolled into one. Love it! And I like the fact they are easy to carry as I am always worried when I bring a cake that it will never get there in one piece. Definitely a must try. Thanks for sharing on The Weekend Re-Treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea! I love both of those treats, so putting together would be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, bite sized brownies with cheesecake. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmigosh Melissa, This looks sooo good! Thanks for sharing on TT&J:)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kind of recipe!! Pinning it!!

    Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the brownie/cheesecake combo! Featured at tonight's Wednesday Whatsits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on being featured at Cook It! Craft It! Share It! this week! :) These look so amazingly delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look absolutely delicious! Thanks for linking up at the Ultimate Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love little bite size desserts, they are so cute. Those look very tasty, I could easily pop a couple in my mouth. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. Mint cheesecake

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every couple weeks, Mike and I get together with some of our friends from church for our life group. We rotate who hosts the gathering and take turns providing the main meal, salad, and dessert. I often volunteer to bring dessert because it's my favorite thing to make! deep mattress protector , razai cover online ,

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Who can do my paper for me from scratch?” Our team is the service that can do your paper for you today from the ground up. The responsible writers will receive your concerns, and they’ll start working on the necessary amendments to ensure that the paper attains the required standards and quality. The ultimate goal of doing this is to achieve our customers` satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips