Melissa's Cuisine: Pizza Sticks

Monday, February 17, 2014

Pizza Sticks

It's pizza, but in a stick! All the pizza flavor you love, without the mess!
Melissa's Cuisine: Pizza Sticks
I always look forward to finding out my monthly assignment for the Secret Recipe Club.  Some months I am assigned to a blog I am already familiar with, but other times I get the chance to discover a new blog.  This month, I was assigned to Manuela's blog, Manu's Menu.  I've heard of her blog before, but after browsing it to find recipes, I will now be a regular reader!

Manuela is an Italian, whose husband is of Indian descent, living in Australia.  As you can imagine, she features a wide variety of cuisines on her blog.  She specializes in Italian foods though, and I came across many intriguing recipes that I'd never heard of before like Cabbuci and Arancine.  While her Italian cuisine interested me, the recipe that really caught my eye was one for Pizza Sticks.  (Don't worry, I'll be trying plenty of other recipes too!)

I was looking for an easy recipe to make while Summer was napping, but I also wanted something fun that both Mike and I would enjoy.  These Pizza Sticks were perfect!  They have all the delicious flavors of pizza, but in a mess free and portable snack.

Manuela's original recipe gave the ingredient measurements by weight, but since that's not how I typically bake, I weighed my ingredients and then took the cup measurements.  I've written my measurements in the recipe below, but you can visit her recipe for the weights.  The dough was easy to work with and came together quickly.  I cut my dough into sticks, but I think these would also be fun cut into squares, like Cheez-its.  These sticks are best enjoyed fresh from the oven, or at least the same day they are baked.  If you eat them the next day, you may want to crisp them in the oven for a few minutes firs.

Mike and I both enjoyed these sticks and Mike has already requested that I make them again!
Melissa's Cuisine: Pizza Sticks

Pizza Sticks 

Makes 16-18 sticks

Ingredients:
1-1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
5 Tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon oregano

1.  In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the ingredients using the dough hook.  Add additional ketchup if necessary to form a ball of dough.

2.  Refrigerate dough for at least 20 minutes.

3.  Place dough on a floured surface and roll into a rectangle about 10x16", dough should be about 1/4" thick.

4.  Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 1" sticks.

4.  Place sticks on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake at 350 for 17-20 minutes, until lightly golden brown around the edges.

These are best eaten the day they are baked, but can be stored overnight in an airtight container.

Source:  Manu's Menu

11 comments:

  1. These look delish! Love pizza and these are easy to grab and go. My kind of treat.

    And, can we chat about your cinnamon bun pancakes? Possibly my favorite SRC month recipe thus far. Thank you!!

    Chris (melecotte.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - I am fascinated by these! I just made homemade cheez-its the other day and it looks like a similar recipe but just needs the ketchup and oregano. Totally making these with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super creative recipe and I could eat several of these in one sitting. Nice SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove these pizza sticks! I often make them for parties or as snacks to go with a glass of wine! :-) You've made them perfectly and thank you so much for converting the measures in cups! I will make sure to update my recipe too! :-) Thank you for all the nice words about me and my blog! Manu

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at pizza...these I have got to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so intrigued by these pizza sticks! they sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can't go wrong with pizza sticks! yum! Glad you linked these up! The SRC is so much fun <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look perfect for dipping in a good marinara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look really interesting. I will have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This will be on my list to bake for my birthday. Thanks for the idea.

    reviews of simplisafe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, i like pizza! Our academy https://topessaybrands.com/review/varsitytutors/ have been on the market for many years, and our main goal is to help students with their academic papers. Our reputation is based on our customer satisfaction rate and positive feedback from them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips