Melissa's Cuisine: Hawaiian Grilled Cheese

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Hawaiian Grilled Cheese

My absolute favorite pizza toppings are ham and pineapple.  Growing up, I was the only one who liked this combination, so it was very rare that I got to enjoy these toppings unless we were making homemade pizzas.  Now I'm lucky because Mike's dad also enjoys Hawaiian pizza, so when we order pizzas as a family, we always get a Hawaiian!

I have to admit though, I had never thought of making a Hawaiian Grilled cheese.  This immediately became my choice of our grilled cheese night!  I was thrilled with this combination and I thought it was delicious.  Like the Pizza Grilled Cheese I shared on Monday, this one also tasted great dipped in pizza sauce.
Hawaiian Grilled Cheese

Serves 1 (easily adapted to serve more)

2 slices of bread
margarine or butter
1 slice Swiss cheese
1 thick slice of ham
1 pineapple ring, or 1/4 cup diced pineapple

1. Butter each piece of bread on one side.

2. Place one piece of bread, butter side down, on a hot griddle and top with cheese, ham, and pineapple.

3. Place the other slice of bread, butter side up, on top of the filling.

4. When the bottom slice of bread is browned, carefully flip the sandwich and cook until the other side is browned.

5. Cut the sandwich in half before serving.

Adapted from: Galley Kitchen Bake Up, Little Suzy

2 comments:

  1. I recently made a Hawaiian Pizza Grilled Cheese for my blog. If you like this try a little pizza sauce. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hawaiian pizza and never thought to try this combo for grilled cheese. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips