Melissa's Cuisine: Truffles

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Truffles

Chocolate Truffles (12/18/10)
I've always wanted to make good truffles, but I've never found a good recipe for them. I've tried ones with cream cheese, but they just haven't been the consistency I've been looking for. Jennifer chose these as her recipe for our baking day, and they are really good. I can't wait to try them again and experiment with more flavors!

You will need:

1-1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
3 Tablespoons butter, cubed
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups white chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons shortening

1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the semi-sweet chocolate chips, whipping cream, and butter.
2. Microwave until chips are melted, about 1-1/2 minutes, stirring every 15 seconds. Chocolate and cream burn quickly so be careful not to overheat!
3. Add vanilla and stir until smooth.
4. Refrigerate chocolate mixture until solid, about 1 hour.
5. Shape chocolate mixture into 1/2 inch balls. They will melt quickly in your hands from your body heat, so work quickly. You can put the mixture back in the fridge for a few minutes to harden up again if you need to.
6. Refrigerate chocolate balls until firm.
7. Microwave white chocolate chips and shortening until melted, about 1-1/2 minutes, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth.
8. Dip chocolate balls in white chocolate mixture to coat.
9. Place on waxed paper and let them stand until set. I keep mine in the fridge until about 15 minutes before I serve them to keep their shape.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips