Melissa's Cuisine: Crisco Olive Oil--Herbed Dipping Oil

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Crisco Olive Oil--Herbed Dipping Oil

EVOO--that's how Rachel Ray refers to Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  Ever since I became a fan of her show that's how I think of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  People who don't know Rachel Ray might look at you like you're crazy when you talk about EVOO, but that's okay we're all crazy in our own way, right?

I've had a couple posts from the Foodbuzz Tastemakers program lately and I hope you're enjoying them.  One thing I really like about this program is it offers me a chance to try a new product or showcase a more common one in order to share the products with you!  The products I have tried are all high-quality and ones I feel good about sharing.  The Crisco Olive Oils I received were no exception.

I received 3 bottles of Crisco Olive Oil:  Extra Virgin, Pure, and Light. 
I was asked to come up with recipes that incorporate the three types of Olive Oils.  So over the next few days I'll be sharing the recipes that I made:

 Flatbread, with Herbed Dipping Oil:
Cucumber Tomato Salad with Italian Dressing:
And, pizza dough (recipe here, I just used Crisco Light Olive Oil):

Today, let's talk about this dipping oil.  When I was in Romania, crusty bread and dipping oil were one of the main meal starters for a Sunday dinner.  I loved the flavors infused in the oil and how it enhanced the bread!

Herbed Dipping Oil

Serves 6

You will need:
1/2 cup Crisco Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon rosemary
Parmesan cheese
Crusty bread or flatbread for dipping (I'll be posting my flatbread recipe next!)

1.  In small frying pan over medium heat, saute minced garlic in EVOO until the garlic is soft but not brown.  It took me about 3 minutes.

2.  Allow oil to cool and pour into a pint sized jar (use a funnel if needed).

3.  Add vinegar, salt, black pepper, and rosemary to oil.

4.  Shake vigorously to mix the ingredients.

5.  To serve, pour the oil into a shallow bowl or plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  Dip crusty bread or flatbread into oil and enjoy!

Disclosure – As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received Crisco Olive Oils to try with my family and write about it. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.

Lark's Country HeartWCWjpg PhotobucketCast Party Wednesday It's a KeeperParty Button

5 comments:

  1. Love this! We have friends coming over tomorrow night and that would be the perfect appetizer to set out. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Internet Explorer Crack
    Internet Explorer 11 Download is the best browser in the world and the most used browser in the world. Internet Explorer has all the features to suit your needs. The new version improves performance, page loading, and security protection. RSS and CSS are also being improved. Microsoft has always preferred Ajax support for Internet Explorer 11. This web browser is simple to use and user-familiar.
    https://pcfullcrack.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. DriverToolkit Crack
    DriverToolkit License key is difficult for the user to find the right driver. Of course, you can buy a CD or DVD to install the driver. You can also check many websites to solve your driver’s problem. However, DriverToolKit Crack 2022 program will prevent you from wasting time searching for a driver.
    https://procrackerz.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips