Melissa's Cuisine: Birds Eye Steamfresh Chef's Favorites

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Birds Eye Steamfresh Chef's Favorites

Summer tends to be one of the busiest times of the year.  You know how it goes, work all day, come home and work in the yard, softball practice, walks on the beach, ice-cream dates with friends. With all the busyness in life,  few people have the time to spend hours preparing a delicious and healthy meal for their families.  Coming up with healthy side dishes can be time-consuming, and often it's so much easier to grab unhealthy options.

So when I was contacted by the Foodbuzz Tastemakers program, I jumped at the chance to try a product that would make my life just a little bit easier. Birds Eye Steamfresh Chef's Favorites are a great way to put nutritious vegetables on the table in a matter of moments.  I was sent 4 bags to sample:



Lightly Sauced Creamed Spinach
Lightly Sauced Primavera Vegetable Risotto
Lightly Sauced Mushroom and Green Bean Risotto
Lightly Sauced Roasted Red Potatoes and Green Beans

I love a good risotto so I knew that I would be trying one of them first.  I chose the Primavera Vegetable Risotto.  I was impressed with how easy it was to make, just 4 minutes in the microwave and it was ready to eat!  I loved the creamy texture and there was just the right amount of sauce.


I also couldn't wait to try the Roasted Red Potatoes and Green Beans.  I am a fan of roasted potatoes so I was really hoping these would live up to my expectations.  I was really impressed with these, the beans and potatoes are covered in a light olive oil and Parmesan cheese sauce which really enhanced the flavor.



These products will be available in your grocery stores in September.  Keep an eye out for them so you can find your favorite!

Disclosure – As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received Birds Eye Steamfresh Chef’s Favorites  to try with my family and write about it. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.

4 comments:

  1. I love the easy part and they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these for easy veggie options on some nights. I'm excited to see a creamed spinach one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. go to the website next page i loved this view it official statement official website

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips