Melissa's Cuisine: Cookie Dough and Chocolate Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cookie Dough and Chocolate Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls

Do you ever get sick of making the same thing time after time?  Maybe you don't, but I do, and sometimes I like to experiment and try new and exciting ideas.  This was one of those times.  Don't get me wrong, I love cinnamon rolls, but I was wanting something different.  I'd already made funfetti cinnamon rolls and loved them so I thought why not take it another direction?  I decided to stuff my cinnamon rolls with ready to eat cookie dough or chocolate chips.  Both were delicious and a nice twist on the ordinary cinnamon roll!

You can easily make a full batch of each, cookie dough stuffed, or chocolate chip stuffed.  I made a full batch of cinnamon rolls and divided the fillings between each half.  Does that make sense?  If you need more clarification, I know the recipe is a little confusing, please let me know so I can help make it more clear!


You will need:

For the cinnamon rolls:
2 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1 packet yeast (2-1/4 teaspoons)
4-1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 stick margarine
cinnamon
sugar
1 batch ready to eat cookie dough
2 cups chocolate chips

For the icing:
Cookie Dough Icing
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cookie dough
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons milk

Chocolate topping
1 cup chocolate chips


1. Mix the milk, oil, and sugar in a large pot. Scald milk mixture and then let it cool to room temperature.

2. Sprinkle yeast over milk mixture and let it sit for a couple minutes.

3. Stir in 4 cups of flour to form a sticky dough. Cover pan and let the dough rise for 1 hour.

4. After dough has risen, stir in remaining 1/2 cup of flour, baking powder, and baking soda until well combined.

5. Divide dough in half. On a flour covered workplace (I use my counter), roll the dough out until it's about 1/8" thick and in a rectangular shape about 18 inches long and 12 inches wide.

6. Melt margarine in a glass measuring cup (or a small bowl). Pour half of the melted margarine over the dough. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon (the amount is up to you, I used less cinnamon so the other flavors would really shine through). Now top with either spoonfuls of cookie dough or chocolate chips.

7. Roll dough in a line toward you. Cut into 3/4 inch slices. (I use dental floss to cut my cinnamon rolls, but a sharp knife works well too.) Place in a greased pan.

8. Repeat this process with the other half of the dough.

9. Let the cinnamon rolls rise for 30 minutes. Then bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.

10. While rolls are in the oven, mix together ingredients for icing.  If you're making cookie dough icing, melt the cookie dough in the microwave for about 30 seconds before blending with the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.  If you're using the chocolate, just melt it in the microwave and pour over rolls. 

11.  Let the rolls cool for about 5 minutes before icing. 


Cookie Dough Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls


Chocolate Chip Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls

PermanetPosies.com
































Photobucket


Cast Party Wednesday

WCWjpg

Lark's Country Heart

It's a Keeper





Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. That looks heavenly delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! This looks good. I have a party tomorrow "Cast Party Wednesday" and would love it if you came over and shared your recipe with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yummy... Those look fantastic! I'm in love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to thank you for linking up on Whisking Wednesdays and let you know I featured your recipe this week. Hope you'll come back and link up another recipe or two this week!

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/07/whisking-wednesdays-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Moly! These look AMAZING! Printing and pinning this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips