Melissa's Cuisine: Grillin' Season! -- Grilled Marinated Steak

Monday, June 20, 2011

Grillin' Season! -- Grilled Marinated Steak

Though one of the most commonly grilled items is steak, it can be one of the most challenging items to grill.  You don't want it to be grilled "too-done" where it's black and tough, but you don't want it to be "mooing" either!  I grew up disliking steaks, but later I found out it was because I had never had a good one.  I don't remember my first good steak, but I do remember that it completely changed my mind about steaks. 

I have posted this marinade once before, but I didn't have a picture for it.  It makes the steak so delicious, it's worth posting again!
Steak Rub

You will need:
4 Tablespoons sea salt
1 Tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon dried onion
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary


Combine ingredients and rub into your steak (can also be used on chicken) before cooking.  Or, use the rub in the marinade.  Store extra rub in an airtight container.

Steak Marinade

You will need:
1/2 cup olive oil 
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3 Tablespoons vinegar
4 teaspoons steak rub (recipe above)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce

1.  Combine ingredients in a large Ziploc bag, close the bag and gently squeeze to mix the ingredients.

2.  Add 4 medium steaks to the bag and seal. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or (better yet) overnight to marinate.


3.  When you're ready to grill, remove the steaks from the marinade and place on a hot grill.  Most steaks take about 7 minutes on each side, but of course it depends on how thick your steak is and how well-done you prefer.



Check out the other great recipes in my Grillin' Season! Series:

3 comments:

  1. That looks so good, it's making me hungry. I've never had marinated steak before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YUM! This looks like the recipe that chad uses when he grills steaks for us. They are just OUT OF THIS WORLD! Chad likes his steaks rare. I tease him and tell him that I have seen cows hurt worse than that, get up and walk!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Steak at this house!

    Thanks for linking up to made it on Monday Melissa!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips