Melissa's Cuisine: Grillin' Season! -- Grilled Corn

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Grillin' Season! -- Grilled Corn

I love corn, but especially corn on the cob!  To me, it just screams summer, so it had to be included in my Grillin' Season series.  Grilling the corn brings out the sweetness, and gives it so much flavor.  You can grill your corn longer than I did if you'd like it more charred.  I would have left mine a little longer, but I actually ran out of propane 3/4 of the way through grilling this meal so I had to make do with the heat left in the grill.  Note to self:  buy a propane gauge!


You will need:
Corn
Margarine/Butter, melted
Garlic salt (or minced garlic, I like both)
Foil

1.  Husk corn and remove all the strings.

2.  Rip a piece of foil big enough to wrap the corn in (1 piece per ear of corn).

3.  Place each ear of corn onto foil and brush with melted margarine.

4.  Sprinkle with garlic salt.  (I really like garlic, but you could also use salt, pepper, season salt, or other seasonings of your choice.)

5.  Wrap corn in foil.  Grill on medium-high heat for about 30 minutes, turning every 7-10 minutes. I prefer my corn to not be blackened, but you can leave it on longer if you'd like!  Serve hot.


Check out the other great recipes in my Grillin' Season! Series:











Photobucket
















Lark's Country Heart

It's a Keeper











Party Button

4 comments:

  1. Yum, we'll have to try corn this way! :)

    We usually soak corn in the husks in water for 30 minutes, than cook it over the grill for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so good! I love grilled corn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days I'm going to try this. I always say I'm going to, but never remember to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this at the bloggers brags party and I pinned it!
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips