Melissa's Cuisine: Pumpkin Caramel Monkey Bread

Friday, November 16, 2012

Pumpkin Caramel Monkey Bread


This time of year, foods seem to revolve around fall flavors like apples and pumpkin.  I know you've seen it on my blog.  Pretty soon, we'll make the transition to flavors like gingerbread and peppermint.  I admit, I'm listening to Christmas music as I write this, but I still am enjoying the flavors of fall.  Let's continue enjoying them with this recipe...

One of my favorite breakfast recipes is Monkey Bread.  I've made it for as long as I can remember.  In fact, I remember as a young teenager, listening to my family visit in the living room while I showed my cousin how to make Monkey Bread in the kitchen.  She'd never experienced the wonder that is Monkey Bread until then, and I was delighted to introduce her.  We ended up refrigerating the dough overnight (another thing that makes this recipe so great!) and then I got up before everyone else to bake it the next morning.

It's a great deal of fun to just rip off a large chunk of this bread.  It certainly doesn't last long in my house.  I'll make a full recipe for Mike and I to have for breakfast.  Usually within 2 or 3 days, the pan is licked clean.  That was the case with this fall flavored bread.  I brought my mother-in-law a small piece of bread since she loves pumpkin, but the rest of it was eaten bite by bite...every time I walked by the pan! 

It's that good.

Pumpkin Caramel Monkey Bread

Makes 16 servings

1/3 cup reduced-fat butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons water
1/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 (7.5 ounce) cans buttermilk biscuits

1.  In a small pan, melt butter, brown sugar and water.

2.  Mix in the pumpkin and vanilla. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.  Set aside.

3. In a large Ziploc bag, shake together sugar, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.

4. Quarter each biscuit and place in the Ziploc bag, shaking to cover.  (I do about 12 pieces at a time).

5. Evenly layer half the sugar coated biscuits in a well greased Bundt pan.

6. Spoon half of the cooked sauce over the biscuit pieces.

7.  Evenly layer the remaining half of the biscuit pieces in the pan.

8.  Sprinkle any remaining sugar  mixture over the top of  the biscuit pieces.

9.  Spoon remaining half of the cooked sauce evenly over biscuit pieces.

10. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until the top biscuits are golden brown. Remove from oven. Let sit for about 5 minutes.

11.  While the monkey bread is still hot, carefully loosen sides and middle of pan and invert onto a serving plate.

Serve warm.  Pull pieces apart to enjoy the monkey bread!

Source: Skinny Kitchen

4 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious. Perfect fall recipe! I would love to have you come share this or any of your great ideas at the link party on ‘Or so she says…' There’s one going on right now (and every Saturday – Tuesday). Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It is soo informative. Are you also searching for cheap assignment help we are the best solution for you. We are best known for delivering the best services to students without having to break the bank

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips