Melissa's Cuisine: Biscoff Bars

Friday, November 09, 2012

Biscoff Bars


Have you tried Biscoff spread yet?  If not, what rock are you living under?  Just kidding.  But I'm serious about this--run, don't walk, to your nearest Walmart and pick up a jar (or three...).  All the hype you've heard about Biscoff spread is true--it really is the best thing since Peanut Butter.  After hearing all my favorite bloggers raving about Biscoff, I knew I had to try it.  I enjoyed my first jar...

Spoonful by spoonful.

Yes, when I wanted a sweet treat, I headed straight for my jar of Biscoff.  A few delicious bites later, I was satisfied.  When I bought my second jar, I thought maybe I should use it for something other than a snack.  Perhaps, a recipe?  After all that is what I do!

I took my recipe for Peanut Butter Cup Bars, but I swapped out the Peanut Butter for Biscoff spread.  What a fantastic switch!  These bars were incredibly rich, but oh so delicious.

Biscoff Bars

Makes 20 bars

Ingredients:
1/3 cup margarine or butter
1-3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup Biscoff spread
3/4 cup crushed pretzels
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

1. Line an 8x8 pan with foil.

2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/3 cup of the margarine.

3. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.

4. Add in Biscoff spread  and crushed pretzels and stir until completely combined.

5. Spread Biscoff mixture into foil lined pan.

6. In a microwave safe bowl, melt remaining 1/4 cup of the margarine.

7. Add chocolate and stir until melted. You might need to put it back in the microwave for 15 seconds if the chips won't melt completely.

8. Pour chocolate over Biscoff layer and smooth.

9. Refrigerate at least an hour, until set.

10. Remove from pan using the foil as a "handle" and cut with a pizza cutter.

Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

8 comments:

  1. I jumped on the Biscoff train, too! :D These bars look so good! I can only imagine how good the combination of salty pretzels and sweet Biscoff is! I love yummy, easy bars!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newest follower here! I found you through the Saturday blog hop :) Those biscoff's look amazing!
    -Melanie

    P.S. I’m doing a $50 Shabby Apple giveaway on my blog. You should check it out here: http://meandmr.com/post/35113285949/shabby-apple-50-giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM; these look and sound awesome! :) Thanks for sharing this on Saturday Show & Tell on Cheerios and Lattes this week! We love having you join us! Have a great week!
    Mackenzie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! I love the Biscoff cookies. I'm quite sure I would like the spread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Biscoff before, but the bars sound really good! They look delicious, too!

    Visiting from mix it up monday :)

    Tammy
    ourneckofthewoods.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you and your family a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMY!!! I would so devour some right now!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations. Good blog. Keep sharing. I love them Are you also searching for Coursework help? we are the best solution for you. We are best known for delivering coursework writing services to students without having to break the bank

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips