Melissa's Cuisine: Superbowl Round-up~~Peanut Butter Cup Bars

Friday, February 11, 2011

Superbowl Round-up~~Peanut Butter Cup Bars

Peanut Butter Cup Bars (2/6/11)
I love peanut butter cups.  Seriously, for Christmas Mike put a ton of them in my stocking, and I was one happy camper!  I love making peanut butter bars and I think this is my best version yet!  It was a huge hit at our party and I had to send some home with my friend so I'd stop eating them :)

You will need:
3/4 cup margarine, divided
1-3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup peanut butter (I used creamy but you can use chunky just as well!)
3/4 cup crushed pretzels
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

1.  Line an 8x8 pan with foil.

2.  In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup of the margarine. 

3.  Stir in powdered sugar until smooth.

4.  Add in peanut butter and crushed pretzels and stir until completely combined.

5.  Spread peanut butter mixture into foil lined pan.

6.  In a microwave safe bowl, melt remaining 1/4 cup of the margarine.

7.  Add chocolate and stir until melted.  You might need to put it back in the microwave for 15 seconds if the chips won't melt completely.

8.  Pour chocolate over peanut butter layer and smooth.

9.  Refrigerate at least an hour, until set.

10.  Remove from pan using the foil as a "handle" and cut with a pizza cutter.

If you have any leftovers, you'll want to store them in the fridge!





10 comments:

  1. Yum! I've made a similar version, but not with pretzels, I'll have to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made them with pretzels - they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a similar bar before too, but never with pretzels. I love the idea! Salty and sweet is such a great combo. They sound delicious and very addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually made these with pretzels on a whim! I didn't have graham crackers, and I had just made another recipe with pretzels, so I figured it was worth a try! I'm glad I did because they turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look awesome - I can't wait to make them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for linking these up to Sweets for a Saturday. I think I would definitely find those addicting. Don't forget to come back on Monday to enter my very special giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I mix the Stevia in the raw with the powdered sugar and use organic peanut butter, which has no added sugar in it. Trust me, they come out super sweet still just lower calories. Dont use Truvia!! It has sugar alcohol in it!! And carbs. Stevia in raw is all natural and no carb, and no calories. Oh, I use wax paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I mix the Stevia in the raw with the powdered sugar and use organic peanut butter, which has no added sugar in it. Trust me, they come out super sweet still just lower calories. Dont use Truvia!! It has sugar alcohol in it!! And carbs. Stevia in raw is all natural and no carb, and no calories. Oh, I use wax paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips