Melissa's Cuisine: Chicken Noodle Soup with Homemade Noodles

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Chicken Noodle Soup with Homemade Noodles

When I think of comfort food, one of the first things I think of is homemade chicken noodle soup.  It's the perfect food to enjoy during a cold winter day. 

This month's Crazy Cooking Challenge was to find the Ultimate Chicken Noodle Soup recipe.  I think I've hit the jackpot with this one!  This is a really basic soup, just chicken, noodles, carrots, and broth.  I served it with some French bread, and it made for a delicious dinner.
Photobucket

I found this recipe on Laura's blog, Heavenly Homemakers.  She has so many recipes on her site that are both good for you and delicious.  I really encourage you to stop by and visit her!  In her original recipe, she suggests making your own chicken broth, but because I was using chicken breasts, not a whole chicken, I used store-bought broth.  I used the whole wheat noodle recipe that I shared yesterday and Mike and I both loved this recipe.

Chicken Noodle Soup with Homemade Noodles

Serves 8

You will need:
8 cups chicken broth (homemade or store bought)
3 carrots
1 recipe whole wheat homemade noodles
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
sea salt

1.  Peel and chop carrots into bite-sized pieces.

2.  Pour broth and carrots into a large pot.  Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.

3.  Add in chicken and noodles. Salt as needed.

4.  Simmer soup for 15-20 minutes, until noodles are fat and tender.  

***Don't forget, you can vote for your favorite recipe by clicking "like" under the picture.  I'm #15 and I'd love your vote :)



9 comments:

  1. Mmm... definitely looks comforting. I love that you made the noodles for it. I am a huge fan of hand made noodles.

    http://adventuresinallthingsfood.blogspot.com/2012/01/from-scratch-chicken-noodle-soup-crazy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made homemade chicken noodle soup so many times, but I've never made noodles for soup. I'm going to have to remedy that soon. Happy CCC!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a simple and beautiful soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will have to make my noodles the next time I make soup. I love the fact that you made whole wheat noodles. Your soup looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost made this soup for the challenge before I found the one I did! Looks delicious! I'm glad you made it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for making your own noodles, especially without a pasta machine. I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love making homemade broth and freezing it for times like this! Great looking recipe! :-)

    I made Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup! #1 in the linky party, come by and visit if you get the chance!

    Thanks again for participating in my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fact that you made home made noodles :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you like to maintain a good health, you should take Keto diet. No side effect of this Keto diet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips