Melissa's Cuisine: Grilled Flatbread

Friday, September 02, 2011

Grilled Flatbread

On Wednesday I posted a recipe for Herbed Dipping Oil and I promised that I would be sharing a recipe for the flatbread I made to dip in the oil.  I used my basic pizza dough to make the flatbreads.  Then I drizzled them with olive oil and sprinkled garlic salt on top.  I think I could live off of the flatbread--there are so many possibilities for it.  You can cut it up and dip it in Herbed Dipping Oil like I did, cut it in half and make a sandwich out of it, or roll it up and make a wrap.  Any way you eat it, it's guaranteed to be delicious!
Grilled Flatbread

Makes 4 large flatbreads

2-1/4 teaspoons yeast
1-3/8 cups water, 110 degrees
4 Tablespoons light olive oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
2 Tablespoons garlic salt

1.  Sprinkle yeast into a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of your stand mixer) and pour water over it.  Allow it to sit for at least 5 minutes, until yeast begins to bubble.

2.  Stir in 3 Tablespoons light olive oil, salt, and flour and mix until a dough forms.

3.  Knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes by hand.  You can also use your stand mixer, it will take about 6 minutes.

4. Form the dough into a ball and place in an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise until doubled, about 1.5 to 2 hours.*

5. Deflate dough by punching down and knead for about 5 minutes. Allow the dough to rest before dividing it into 4 pieces.

6.  Place the dough on a floured surface and form the flatbread.  Remember that you're grilling the flatbread, so you don't wait it to be so thin it will burn right away or so large that you can't easily move it.  

7.  Drizzle light olive oil over each flatbread and sprinkle with garlic salt.

8.  Place on heated grill (about 350 degrees), greased with Pure Olive Oil, and grill for about 5 minutes over medium heat.  Detailed instructions can be found here. If you prefer not to grill, you could also bake the flatbread in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.

9.  Remove from grill and cut into bite-sized pieces with a pizza cutter.  Serve warm, with Herbed Dipping Oil. 


*I would like to note here that after the dough has risen I'll often put it in a ziploc bag and store it in the fridge for a few days (up to a month) before using it.  Mike and I both think the flavor is much better after the dough sits for a while.

Disclosure – As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received Crisco Olive Oils to try with my family and write about it. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.

Secret Recipe Club

4 comments:

  1. I know everyone oohs and aahs over desserts, but its stuff like this (and the dipping oil) that makes my mouth water. It looks so delicious!

    I would love to see you link this post up at Freestyle Friday over at Happy Hour Projects!

    Hope to see you there ~ Adrianne
    www.happyhourprojects.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Driver Booster Pro Crack
    Driver Booster Torrent has significant advantages that automatically update drivers, saving users from many problems. Additionally, in addition to accessing an extensive database of playgrounds, this new part of the game section has been upgraded to make everyone easier. Users don’t hesitate to update notifications when their games are running on their projects or in their markets in full-screen mode, which is a good idea. Here is the full overview of the latest features and improvements highlighted in this issue; users can quickly access this developer’s video presentation.
    https://pcsoftnew.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your all post. You have done really good work. Thank you for the information you provide, it helped me a lot.I hope to have many more entries or so from you.
    Very interesting blog.
    PhpStorm Crack
    Wondershare Recoverit Crack
    AquaSoft SlideShow Crack

    ReplyDelete

  4. Wow, amazing block structure! How long
    Have you written a blog before? Working on a blog seems easy.
    The overview of your website is pretty good, not to mention what it does.
    Disk Drill Pro Crack
    Planner 5D Crack
    AnyTrans Crack
    Parallels Desktop Crack

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips