Melissa's Cuisine: Blueberry Muffins--SRC Reveal

Monday, August 29, 2011

Blueberry Muffins--SRC Reveal

It's time again to reveal my assigned blog for the Secret Recipe Club.  This month, I was assigned to Chelsy's blog, Mangia.  Let me tell you, this girl can cook!  She comes from an Italian food-loving family and her passion for food is definitely apparent in her blog.

I had a hard time choosing which recipe to make, in fact I have a few bookmarked to make at some point.  When I saw these delicious looking blueberry muffins, I knew this was the recipe for me.  I love blueberries and July and August are prime time for blueberries in West Michigan.  I had the opportunity to pick berries this year so I was excited to use blueberries that I hand-picked!

Do you notice a trend here?  I love muffins so much that I choose a muffin recipe last month and again today!
Blueberry Muffins


Makes 24 muffins (or 12 muffins and 1 loaf of bread, or 2 loaves of bread)

You will need:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup olive oil
1 egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
2 cups blueberries

For the topping:
1/3 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
4 Tablespoons butter

1. In the bowl of your stand mixer, place the flour, brown sugar, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda and mix until just incorporated.

2. In a large bowl, beat together the vanilla, olive oil, egg, buttermilk, and yogurt using a whisk.

3. Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture, and combine until fully incorporated.

4. Fold in the blueberries.

5. Pour the blueberry batter into a greased muffin pan.

6. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the crumble topping using a fork.

7. Top each of the muffins with the crumble mixture.

8. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.

*I made 12 muffins and 1 loaf of bread.  I baked the bread at 400 for 45 minutes.



Mouthwatering Mondays PermanetPosies.com Nap-Time Creations

15 comments:

  1. Melissa, your blueberry muffins look delicious! Those are my favorite and I love how you made bread with them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea making a bread with the recipe too! Looks fantastic!

    Amy @ A Little Nosh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    Thank you so much for the compliments on my blog. I absolutely love blueberry muffins and you did a great job on the recipe. I will start following you, your blog is awesome!
    Chels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking muffins, Melissa! Great pick for SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blueberry muffins. I love the idea of the blueberry bread too! Great recipe for SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blueberries, and I love how you've made muffins and a loaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't made blueberry muffins ins quite awhile, you've inspired me to make some soon, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great SRC recipe choice, looks delicious.


    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Group 'A" ~ SRC recipe this month: Cilantro Lime Chicken

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so hard to pass up a new blueberry muffin recipe! Perfect choice for SRC - and breakfast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blueberry muffins are my favourite, especially with freshly picked blueberries! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the group, Melissa. These are a great pick, blueberries are always a win.

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmm... blueberry muffins AND bread! I'll take one muffin and a slice of bread, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking blueberry muffins! Awesome to be in the Secret Recipe Club with you. Here is my post for September :) http://su.pr/1Sizv9
    Also: Awesome to be in the Secret Recipe Club with you. Here is my post for September :) http://su.pr/1Sizv9

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips