Melissa's Cuisine: Banana Muffins

Monday, July 18, 2011

Banana Muffins

One fruit we always have in the house is bananas.  Mike and I both eat at least one a day, his is in his lunch and I eat mine before working out each morning.  We have one of those nifty green containers that prolongs the life of produce, and I really think it works!  My bananas stay spot-less much longer in the container than on the counter.  However, I have found that the hotter and more humid it is, the faster my bananas go bad.  That's not always a bad thing though, because it gives me the perfect excuse to bake banana foods!

I made this recipe as part of the Secret Recipe Club that is put together each month by Amanda from Amanda's Cooking.  Each month participants are assigned to another blog and we choose a recipe to make and feature on our blog.  It's all a secret until the day of the posting--today! This is my first time participating and I was assigned to Foodness Gracious.  There are so many fantastic recipes on this blog, but due to my overabundance of bananas, I settled on making his recipe for banana muffins, which he aptly named Bananadrama.  I thought these were delicious, and I loved the added flavor and crunch from the almonds.  I'll definitely be making these again!
You will need:

1-3/4 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1/3 cup ground almonds (I used whole almonds and ground them in my food processor)
1/3 cup brown sugar
2-3 large ripe bananas (I used 3)
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp honey/agave (I used honey)

1.  Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl.

2.  Stir in nutmeg, sugar and almonds.

3.  Mash bananas in another bowl and add eggs, oil, milk, and honey.

4.  Add to dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.

5.  Spoon into muffin trays and bake in a 375 oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when stuck in the middle.




Be sure to check out the other participant's recipes!


23 comments:

  1. We love banana bread, so I bet these would be a hit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bananadrama, that made me giggle! I love Foodness Gracious, he's so great in the kitchen and an equally wonderful stay-at-home dad too. Great version of his banana muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The muffins look great. They would make a great lunchbox treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great!

    Ruchi
    http://ruchisimplyfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, your awesome and thanks for choosing one of my recipes and enjoying it. I look forward to following your blog and checking out all the other tasty treats on offer,
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always buy extra bananas just so I have an excuse to bake with them! These look delicious - I love that the recipe includes ground almonds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make a lot of things banana too - for just the same reason as you - an overabundance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The muffins look so moist! I would really like to enjoy one right now...who cares if dinner is around the corner. SRC is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never think to use almonds in my banana bread but will have to give it a try.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC recipe this month: Holy Guacamole.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your muffins look delicious! Thanks for sharing! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the almonds in these banana muffins.
    So fun to be in the Secret Recipe Club with you. This looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! All the deliciousness of banana bread made portable!

    Yes. I'm aware that I sounded like a commercial when I said that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet the ground almonds added a lot to these muffins! Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for stopping by Cast Party Wednesday last week. I really appreciate you sharing your recipe with us. I hope you will join us again for another awesome party filled with yummy recipes.
    Thanks Again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that it includes ground almonds. Bet that really gives it a good texture.

    Glad to be part of SRC with you!

    Amy @ A Little Nosh

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to create this article. I appreciate your work. Black satta king

    ReplyDelete
  17. Online gambling is a trend. Everyone loves to play Satta games online. Some people play this game just for fun, but others want to make money online. Satta Lottery is a game that gives you money but makes you a habit. Satta king fast Games is a popular online gambling game in India.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The rules of the game are changing with the advancement of technology. Many differences have been noticed between the previous Satta King games and the current games. In the past, some Satta number written on a piece of paper were kept in containers or containers. The person who chooses the right number is declared the Satta king. That means the person is the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  19. get redirected herehave a peek at this web-site see heresite web see hereyou could try these out

    ReplyDelete
  20. official source Check Out Your URL try these out read what he said hop over to this web-site check my reference

    ReplyDelete
  21. click c1q45j1q46 replica louis vuitton bags replica bags sydney pop over to these guys r6p86k7k53 luxury replica bags replica bags online shopping replica bags in bangkok replica hermes bags w9j05j1u14 replica bags nyc

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips