Melissa's Cuisine: Pepperoni Pizza Bread

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pepperoni Pizza Bread

Mike and I eat a lot of pizza: homemade, take-out, mini pizzas, pizza bites, pizza casserole...if it's pizza, we like it!  When I saw this idea for pizza bread, I knew it would have to be put into our menu rotation.  I'm so glad we did!  It was so easy to put together, and paired with a salad it makes a great dinner.  Mike's mom stopped by right after we finished eating and she said the house smelled so good, she just had to have a piece, we gave her one and she liked it so much I had to give her the recipe right then!


You will need:

1 cup flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 cup quartered pepperoni slices (about 32 slices)
1/2 cup marinara sauce
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1. Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper into the bowl of a stand or electric mixer, mix to combine.

2. Slowly add in eggs, oil, buttermilk, 1/4 cup Parmesan, Mozzarella and pepperoni until just combined.

3. Pour half of batter into a greased bread pan.

4. Top evenly with marinara sauce and then pour remaining batter over sauce.

5. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and remaining Parmesan cheese.

6. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center.  Let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.  Slice and serve warm or room temperature.
Source: Picky Palate

Mouthwatering Mondays



PermanetPosies.com

3 comments:

  1. Oooh - this sounds so good! Another one for me to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good. I can't wait to get home and make some. Come on over and share it at Hunk of Meat Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look Yummy! I'm having a link party Cast Party Wednesday. This recipe would be a perfect addition. Would you come over and share some of your recipes with us?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips