Melissa's Cuisine: Cookie Dough Scotcheroos

Saturday, June 04, 2011

Cookie Dough Scotcheroos

When I saw these, I knew I had to make them!  The idea of cookie dough in another treat is something that intrigues me (as you may have noticed from my Cookie Dough Brownies).  I love my cookie dough: plain, baked, in other foods...you name it, I probably love it!  I asked Mike what he thought would be better, cookie dough balls in Scotcheroos or in Rice Krispy treats.  He thought the Scotcheroo base sounded better so that's what I went with!  Originally I was just going to drizzle chocolate on top of the bars, but when I tried, it was too thick so I ended up spreading it on top; I think it was perfect!  I sent a plateful of these to work with Mike and they were gone by 9am!
You will need: 
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1.  Roll cookie dough into small bite-sized balls (mine were about 3/4 of an inch).  Refrigerate until you're ready to use them.

2.  Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium pan until sugar is dissolved and mixture bubbles.

3.  Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. 

4.  Stir in Rice Krispies until well coated.

5.  Spread half the cereal mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.  

6.  Place cookie dough balls on top of cereal mixture.

7.  Top with remaining cereal mixture and press firmly.

8.  Melt chocolate chips and spread over bars.  













Button

3 comments:

  1. How tasty and easy does this look!?! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so delicious! I love simple ingredients that work so well together. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two words: Pure Happiness! Can not wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips