Melissa's Cuisine: Monster Munch

Friday, October 12, 2012

Monster Munch

Last week, we entered Champ into a costume contest.  We had 3 categories to choose from and ended up choosing "Best Pair", which meant I had got to dress up as well.  My mom gave us some awesome costumes to use (so I didn't have to have the dog wear one of my t-shirts), and we set out for some fun.  Both sets of our parents came to watch their "grand-dog".  Unfortunately, we didn't win, but we still think our puppy was the best in the show! 

As we were heading back to our cars, we passed a popcorn stand and I made a comment to my dad about it being the best kettle corn around.  He bought a bag and shared it with us after dinner.  I think it's the perfect mix of sweet and salty.  I could eat the entire bag by myself!

One of my favorite fall treats is mixing candy corn and peanuts.  It tastes like a Payday candy bar, and I try to keep a bowl of candy corn and peanuts out during the fall season.  One afternoon as I was eating the kettle corn I thought about mixing it with peanuts and candy corn to see how it tasted.  Turns out, it was pretty delicious!  I'd recommend just mixing enough popcorn, candy corn, and peanuts to be eaten immediately as the popcorn will become stale if you let it sit out.  Though, if you're anything like me, it won't last long enough to grow stale!

Monster Munch

Ingredients:
2 cups kettle corn
1 cup candy corn
1 cup peanuts

Mix ingredients together and serve.

I didn't have a "monster" to put by the Monster Munch...maybe I should rename it Scarecrow Munch :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you and Champ look adorable! Where do you find this Kettle Corn that's so good?
    Your mix sounds good, minus the nuts - that just messes it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips