Melissa's Cuisine: Crock-pot Caramel Apple Cake

Friday, May 06, 2011

Crock-pot Caramel Apple Cake

You will need:
1 C flour 
3/4 C brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3 large apples, peeled and diced
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla
Caramel Topping

1.  In a medium bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.

2.  Add diced apples to flour mixture and stir to coat.

3.  In a small bowl, mix eggs and vanilla.

4.  Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and gently stir.  

5.  Pour into a greased crock-pot.

6.  Cover and bake on high for 2 hours. 

7.  Drizzle with warmed caramel topping before serving. 

I think next time I make this, I'll do a double batch.  I have a large crock-pot and the cake ended up being only about an inch thick.  I think that's part of the reason it didn't slice nicely, it's more like a mess on the plate, but it still tasted great!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! YUM! And in the slow cooker? Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might not slice nicely but it looks great - so caramelly. This caught my attention on Sweets for a Saturday as I'd never thought to use my slow cooker to make a cake. I'm going to have to start thinking about using mine for sweet things now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that it takes 2 hours, ha. this is amazing and i lovvvvve slow cookers. what a fun twist on an old appliance! thanks so much for sharing, love you and your blog :)
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melissa, I'm Chef Corey from Family Fresh Meals. I have never tried a cake in the crockpot & am excited to give it a try! Anywho,I just started a new recipe Linky called Sunday Funday: Recipe of the Week. This recipe would be perfect for the first week theme CROCKPOT. Each week will be a new theme. Once this Sunday Funday gets going, I would LOVE to do a random gift card giveaway each week. But I am going to need a good amount of posts to start that, so come join the fun each week. At the end of the week, a recipe/blog will be picked at random to be the featured recipe for the following week. Hope you stop by and join!

    http://familyfreshmeals.blogspot.com/2011/11/sunday-funday-recipe-of-week.html

    XO Chef Corey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SOOO making this! My hubby is leaving town this week and I can eat the whole thing myself. ha I love everything about it...crockpot...caramel...apple...cake. Oh my! Found you at Sunday Funday. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melissa. This is a great slow cooker dish! This week's Food on Friday on Carole's Chatter is all about collecting up slow cooker/crockpot recipes. It would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Have a good week.
    Ps I haven't seen your follow back yet. Do you follow via GFC or some other way?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips