Melissa's Cuisine: Turkey Cups

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Turkey Cups

The hardest part about vacation for me is returning to my normal routine.  The agency where I worked was closed the week of Christmas, plus this past Monday and Tuesday.  That meant that (with the exception of 1 day I went in) I had 12 days off of work.  It was wonderful to have that down time to get things accomplished around the house.  Plus, we had enough holiday parties and get-togethers to keep us busy.  The downside was that all the busyness made my time off go way too quickly and now it's time to get back to the grind and back to work! 

I made these turkey cups with leftover Thanksgiving turkey.  It had been a busy day at work and I wasn't really in the mood for making dinner.  I grabbed what I found in the fridge and came up with these.  They would be a great use for any leftover Christmas turkey (if you still have any).  You could easily use chicken instead of turkey too.  These came together quickly and heated up well for leftovers. 

After a couple weeks of very little cooking on my part (thanks to all the parties and leftovers from those parties), I might have to whip these turkey cups up again tonight.  They're quick, simple, and delicious!

Turkey Cups

Makes 8

Ingredients:
1 package (8 count) Pillsbury Flaky Layers Biscuits
2 cups shredded turkey (or chicken)
8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tablespoon garlic powder

1.  Press biscuits into lightly greased muffin tins to form cups.

2.  Mix together the shredded turkey, cream cheese, chicken broth, cheddar cheese, and garlic powder.

3.  Spoon turkey filling into each biscuit cup.

4.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown.

Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.

4 comments:

  1. YUM! Love your blog! I would love for you to visit my linky party going on now at http://wallisfarmsdailywalk.blogspot.com/2013/01/blog-post.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had 11 days off & it's like we didn't do much but were busy the entire time. :)

    These look good! (did you tweet them to Pillsbury? They retweeted mine when I made Veggie Pot Pies like this)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOODNESS!!! I gotta have some!!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melissa,
    I can't wait to try these great Turkey Cups, they will just be delicious. Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips