Melissa's Cuisine: Quinoa Cordon Bleu Casserole

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Quinoa Cordon Bleu Casserole



It's cold outside.  Like really, really cold.  The high yesterday was 9 degrees, but the wind chill made it feel like 9 below.  Today isn't supposed to be much better.  We're in the midst of this Arctic blast, plus we're getting slammed with non-stop snow showers.  Most of the snow is lake effect, and since we live real close to the lakeshore, we're getting the brunt of the storm.  It's been snowing since Sunday night and there are no real signs of it letting up any time soon.  Most schools and a lot of businesses were closed yesterday, and after driving to work, it was obvious that no-one should be on the roads unless they had to be.  It's pretty nasty outside! 

When it's so cold out, I usually turn to warming foods, like soups and hot casseroles.  I actually created this recipe last year, and it's been waiting in my "to post" file for a long time.  Can any other bloggers relate?  Now that I've finally gotten around to posting this recipe, I feel bad that I haven't posted it before.  The pictures really don't do it justice (it looks like a blob of mush...oops!), but this casserole really is delicious. 

I've always loved Chicken Cordon Bleu.  It was one of my most requested dinners when I was a teenager.  I also love quinoa.  I had some leftover from another quinoa dish and decided to try a Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole.  It was so easy to make, and I really like it because it uses ingredients I already have in the house.  It's a warm and comforting meal, perfect for a frigid day like today!

Quinoa Chicken Cordon Bleu Bake

Serves 6

Ingredients:
3 cups cooked quinoa
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup cubed ham
4 slices Swiss cheese

1.  In a mixing bowl, combine the condense soup, milk, and sour cream until smooth.

2.  Stir in the quinoa and diced chicken.

3.  Pour into a greased 8x8" baking pan.

4.  Place cubed ham on top of the quinoa.

5.  Place the Swiss cheese slices on top of the ham.

6.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until heated through.  Serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. I saw you linked up at Ginger Snap Crafts. Mmm I love quinoa!

    I am co-hosting a link party this week called Tell Me Tuesdays! I'd love for you to come check it out and link up!!
    Beth @ The First Year Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,
    I can't wait to try this awesome recipe, it looks delicious! Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for sharing your tasty recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips