Melissa's Cuisine: Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bugles

Friday, January 04, 2013

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bugles

I'm a big fan of sweet and salty combinations.  Chocolate covered bacon.  Chocolate covered pretzels.  Salted caramels.  Chocolate and peanut butter.  I love them all!  Mike and I went to a local fast food restaurant a couple months ago when they had bacon ice-cream sundaes.  The concept and taste was great, but the presentation and price were lacking.  That's another recipe I plan on trying at home next time I make homemade ice-cream!

Bugles were always a favorite snack when I was growing up.  How many of you have stuck the Bugles on the end of your fingers to have "witch nails"?  I'm guilty of that!  I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it would be a great snack for New Years Eve.  My friends and I really enjoyed these.  And, they're the perfect sweet and salty combination!
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bugles

Ingredients:
2 cups of Bugles
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1.  Scoop the peanut butter into a pastry bag (or a Ziploc bag with the corner snipped off).

2.  Pipe the peanut butter into the Bugles.

3.  Melt the chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl.  I start with 1 minute, then stir and microwave in 15 second increments until the chocolate is smooth.

4.  Dip the open end of each Bugle into the melted chocolate and set on waxed paper.

5.  Allow the chocolate to completely dry before serving.

Store Bugles in an airtight container.

Inspired by: Cookies and Cups

3 comments:

  1. These look SO good. I just happen to have a bag of bugles in my cabinet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,
    This is a great snack, I just love those little bugles. Thank you so much for celebrating TWO YEARS with FULL PLATE THURSDAY, I appreciate your visit!
    Come Back Soon
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man , Bugle Witch Nails, that brings back a lot of memories!! I need to go buy a bag!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips