Melissa's Cuisine: Bacon Appetizers

Friday, January 25, 2013

Bacon Appetizers

Bacon.  Cheese.  Crackers.  Any of those three are absolutely delicious on their own, but when you combine the three the results are out of this world!

I made these for our New Year's Eve get together this past year.  They were a hit with everyone.  Now the Superbowl is just over a week away, and these would make a great Superbowl appetizer.

The great thing about these appetizers is how versatile they are.  I topped some of the crackers with brown sugar, and others with grated Parmesan cheese, before wrapping with bacon.  I think apricot jam would be delicious as well.
Bacon Appetizers

Ingredients:

1 package Town House crackers
1 pound thin sliced bacon, cut in half
grated Parmesan cheese
brown sugar

1.  Lay crackers face up on a baking sheet with a cooking rack on it.

2.  Top each cracker with either a teaspoon of Parmesan cheese or a teaspoon of brown sugar.

3.  Carefully wrap the half slice of bacon around each cracker, making sure the topping doesn't fall off.  The bacon should completely cover the cracker.

4.  Place the bacon wrapped crackers back on the cooking rack.

5.  Place in a 250 degree oven for 2 hours, until the bacon is crispy.

Serve hot or at room temperature.

Source: The Pioneer Woman

6 comments:

  1. I've never seen a cracker wrapped in bacon! And I've never seen anything wrapped in bacon that I wouldn't like :-) Bacon makes everything...mo'betta! Visiting from Food-Spectacular Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bacon is a condiment in my house so this will go down a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read about this on Pioneer Woman. Some day I will actually try them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a flavorful appetizer! Have a great week and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. at what point does the cracker curl as in the picture?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips