Melissa's Cuisine: Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Monday, November 12, 2012

Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes

When is the last time you pulled an all-nighter?  Our youth group had an all nighter this past Friday night to Saturday morning, and I was one of the few adults who "got" to stay up all night with the kids.  Honestly, it wasn't so bad.  We had a lot of activities, games, and awesome conversations to keep us awake.  The all-nighter ended on the best possible note--a pancake breakfast!

A family from our church (and good friends of mine) is moving to Haiti in 2013.  They have a ministry that they started down there a couple years ago and now they'll be taking the leap of faith and moving to Haiti to continue that ministry.  They are famous for making Haitian pancakes--Cinnamon and Haitian Vanilla flavored pancakes that are delicious! 

Speaking of pancakes...I made these beauties a couple weeks ago and posted a picture of my breakfast on my Facebook page.  I had planned to share them with you, and got a reader request to post the recipe please.  (Diane, this is for you!)  These pancakes are an upgraded version of a protein pancake that I make nearly every Friday morning for breakfast.  I had a few bananas that desperately needed eaten so I decided to add them to my pancakes.  While I was at it, I figured I might as well add in some peanut butter and chocolate chips.  It's one of my favorite flavor combinations--you simply can't go wrong!  The additions to my recipe resulted in the fluffiest pancakes I've ever had!

Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Makes 20 pancakes

Ingredients:

3 over-ripe bananas
3 (6 ounce) cups plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (18 ounces total)
3 eggs
1/4 cup peanut butter
1-3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1.  In a medium bowl, mash the 3 bananas.

2.  Stir in the Greek yogurt, eggs, and peanut butter until completely combined.

3.  Add in the flour and baking powder and gently mix until the flour is just combined.

4.  Fold in chocolate chips.

5.  Pour pancake batter onto a hot griddle using a 1/4 cup measuring cup.

6.  Cook pancakes for about 2 minutes before flipping and cooking for 2 more minutes.

Serve hot, with desired toppings.  These pancakes also freeze well--just cool before storing in a freezer bag in the freezer.

Come join #DairyBreakfastClub recipe party at TidyMom along with The California Milk Advisory Board and RealCaliforniaMilk.com

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you and your family a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen
    A New Follower

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips