Melissa's Cuisine: Hawaiian Cocktail

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hawaiian Cocktail

One of the best parts of a Hawaiian vacation is the views.  Absolutely breathtaking!

Another perk is the delicious drinks.  An ice-cold drink is a great refresher while you're soaking up the sun.  Of course, you don't have to be in Hawaii to enjoy a tropical drink.

I created this drink as part of the DailyBuzz Food Tastemakers Program.  I was contacted and asked to create a drink using Sweet'N Low.  I searched some other blogs for inspiration, but struggled to find a drink that really looked good to me.  I decided to combine various aspects of other drinks, combinations of my favorites, into a delicous tropical drink.  I really liked using Sweet'N Low as a sugar substitute because it does not leave an aftertaste, and it doesn't add many calories to this drink.  Mike and I both enjoyed this and I think you will too!

Hawaiian Cocktail

Serves 2

2 ounces Vodka
2 ounces Triple Sec
2 ounces Coconut Rum
4 ounces Pineapple Juice (Unsweetened)
1 packet Sweet'N Low
1/2 ounce Lime Juice
2 cups diet Sprite

1.  In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, triple sec, coconut rum, pineapple juice, Sweet'N Low, and lime juice.

2.  Divide the mixture evenly between 2 tall glasses. 

3.  Pour Sprite over the alcohol mixture.

4.  Add ice and a lime garnish, if desired, before serving.

As part of the DailyBuzz Food Tastemaker Program, I received Sweet'N Low samples and a stipend.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a cocktail type of gal... looks so good! Now following you and invite you to come over and do the same :-) Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks so refreshing and sounds delicious. I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks so much for sharing at Creative Thursday this week. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like something I would enjoy. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips