Melissa's Cuisine: Foodie Pen Pal

Friday, August 31, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal

It's hard to believe that it's the last day of August already.  Summer has just flown by, and I was so busy, I still feel like there's so much I want to do in summer.  Like go to the beach...we live 15 minutes from the beach yet I've only been there 2 times this summer.  Fail!  We've been super busy working around our house and we've been camping for a few weekends.  This summer was fun, but went by way too quickly!
The Lean Green Bean

One positive about today being the last day of August is that it's reveal day for Foodie Pen Pal. This month, I was sent a fantastic box from Stephanie.  She visited her local health food store to pick out some items for me and she did a great job!

These snacks were enjoyed at work!  I had the licorice and I was super impressed with it--I read the ingredients list first and was a bit wary, but it was delicious!  I haven't tried the truffles yet, but I really liked the Ginger Snap Almonds.  They were a great mid-morning snack and I loved the ginger.
I'm really excited to try the Soba pasta.  I've wanted to try it for a while now and now Stephanie's given me the opportunity.  It is on the menu for next week!
Ah, the sun cups.  Stephanie must know that I adore PB cups, so these were a great choice for me.  I also liked the spearmint gum.  I ate some during church last week and the flavor was perfect.  Stephanie also included a handful of flavored honey candies.  Mike and I both really liked them!

Thank you for a great box, Stephanie.  I think you'll need to go back to the health food store :)

********************************************************************
Are you interested in participating in Foodie Pen Pals?  Here's some important info for you!

-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal! 
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. 
-Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. 
 
If you’re iinterested in participating for September, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.

You must submit your information by September 4th as pairings will be emailed on September 5th!

3 comments:

  1. This package is so fun. I love getting little candies in my package - for some reason, it's a big deal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE love soba noodles! The Sun cups look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is brilliant! I see I have missed the September date, but I would be interested in maybe October. I'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips