Melissa's Cuisine: Caramel Apple Cheesecake

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Caramel Apple Cheesecake

Can you believe it's August already?  I don't know where this summer has gone!  We've had a great summer, I just wish it wasn't nearly over.  Soon we'll be enjoying the crisper temperature of fall weather, along with delicious caramel apples--the inspiration for this cheesecake!

When Tina announced that this month's Crazy Cooking Challenge was Cheesecake, I was in luck.  I knew exactly what recipe I was going to make--in fact, I had already made it! 

I am typically in charge of making dessert for our Sunday dinners with my parents.  The Sunday that I made this dessert, we had dinner with my parents and Mike's parents, so I chose to make a fancier dessert than I typically would.
Photobucket
Everyone really enjoyed this cheesecake.  I loved the crunch of the apples on top, and the sweetness of the caramel topping.  This is a recipe I'll definitely be making again!
Caramel Apple Cheesecake

Serves 12-14

You will need:
2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
3 eggs
2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large apple, diced
1/4 cup caramel ice-cream topping

1.  In a small bowl, combine the crushed vanilla wafers and butter.

2.  Press into the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9" springform pan.

3.  Place pan on a baking sheet and bake the crust at 400 for 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and set pan on a wire rack to cool.

4.  In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.

5.  Add the sugar and flour to cream cheese and mix well.

6.  Add in the eggs; beat on low until just combined.

7.  Stir in heavy whipping cream and vanilla.

8.  Pour filling into crust.  Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, until the center is almost set.

9.  Cool the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.  Then run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the crust.  Cool for 1 hour.

10.  Refrigerate the cheesecake overnight.

11.  Before serving, remove the sides of the pan.  Garnish with diced apples and caramel sauce.

Cover and refrigerate leftovers.

Slightly adapted from: The Taste of Home Cookbook

You can check out the other recipes I've made as part of the Crazy Cooking Challenge:
Double Coconut Fried Chicken--July 2012
Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothies--June 2012
Pizza Grilled Cheese--May 2012
Giant Streusel Topped Bluebery Muffins--April 2012
Spaghetti with Apple Tomato Sauce--March 2012
Chocolate Root Beer Bundt Cake--February 2012
Chicken Noodle Soup with Homemade Noodles--January 2012
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge--December 2011
Garlic Mashed Potatoes--November 2011
Chocolate Chip Cookies--October 2011
Beer and Bacon Mac and Cheese--September 2011

Don't forget to click on the thumbnail picture for my recipe to vote for me! :)  Thank you :)

41 comments:

  1. My husband is a caramel apple-aholic. Definitely have to make this one for him :)

    Stopping by from CCC #18 - I pinned, tweeted, stumbled, and FB'd your cheesecake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cheesecake looks awesome! My younger daughter would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the caramel-apple. Definately a recipe I bookmaring for Fall. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple and lovely! Yum ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the caramel sauce and fresh apples on this! Perfect complement to cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE caramel apple anything! Definitely making this in the fall. -Kelly @ Semi Homemade Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes! A very delicious taste of Fall. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great fall recipe! I'd love for you to stop by - I'm #9 in the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness!! This recipe looks and sounds delicious! I can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I love caramel apple flavored desserts. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Stopping by from CCC #35

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Melissa, this recipe looks like the perfect fall cheesecake with fresh picked apples. I'll be gaining lots of weight after I bake and eat all these yummy recipes.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great! My husband loves caramel apples so this would be a huge hit with him! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes me think of fall and cool weather! Caramel apples are delightful and the only thing to make them even better is to couple them with cheesecake! Yikes!! CCC #13

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so adding this to my list of recipes to use in September after apple picking :) thank you for stopping by my cheesecake (#44 in the CCC)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one gorgeous cheesecake...and you reeled me in the the caramel! Definitely a winner! Liz #48

    ReplyDelete
  16. MMmmm, crisp apples and creamy cheesecake?? Yes please!!

    Thanks for stopping by my CCC entry, #65 {Individual Biscoff Cheesecakes}!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the apples in this cheesecake! Looks amazing! #55

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow it look so delicious!
    Thanks for stopping by my entry #58

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH this is the perfect recipe for fall! I can't wait to make this for the fall bday's!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great flavor combination and your cheesecake looks so very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Melissa,
    I am a huge cheesecake fan and have been wanting to try Caramel Apple. Your recipe sounds wonderful. Vanilla wafers make good crusts.

    I made Rolo Cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This cheesecake looks delicious! I have never had apples on the top of my cheesecake, I can't wait to try this! Stopping by from CCC#12.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks wonderful and I love the caramel apple flavor, yum.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my CCC entry: #6 Mini Cheesecake Bites.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cheesecake!I think caramel and apples are the perfect combination, no matter what time of year! Love it! Thanks for stopping by #22.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks incredible! Thanks for stopping by #46.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an amazing recipes! I would never have thought of vanilla wafers as an ingredient for cheesecake! This sounds like an absolutely wonderful fall recipe! I can't wait to make and share this!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's looks great, it's on my pinterest to do list :-)
    thanks for visiting! #45

    greetz marina

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am not a big fan of carmel apples unless they are on a stick but this sure looks beautiful!! CCC #53

    ReplyDelete
  29. How pretty! Perfect for fall, although I'm with you: not ready yet!

    #4

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Melissa,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    What a fantastic cheesecake! I love all of the beautiful apple pieces (so pretty with the skin left on)!

    Stopping by from Crazy Cooking Challenge #59 – I pinned and tweeted your cheesecake!

    Amber
    http://thecookssister.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! What a pretty cake! And the pieces of apple are small enough that they won't overwhelm the caramel. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a great cheesecake! Sounds perfect for the fall, too! :) #66

    ReplyDelete
  33. OH WOW! I love the look of your cheesecake!

    Thank you for being a part of the CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE. Watch for upcoming details about the next years challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks so much for stopping by (#34). This sounds so wonderful for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I made an apple cheesecake too. Your cheesecake perfect. I love the cheesecake with the apples, it is something really different. #76

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yum! I never would have thought tout Carmel and apple with cheesecake. Hmmmm. Now I'm trying to think of an excuse to make this soon. Pinning!! (and following your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  37. apples and cheesecake - hello yummy

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great and unique looking cheesecake
    Sounds wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great explanation about this topic and i am new guy to this job thanks to sharing the wonderful articles.This is an interesting post. It is also a helpful resource. Great topic, thanks for taking such good care of this website!
    bars in Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great explanation about this topic and i am new guy to this job thanks to sharing the wonderful articles.This is an interesting post. It is also a helpful resource. Great topic, thanks for taking such good care of this website!
    bars in Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips