Melissa's Cuisine: Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler

Friday, July 20, 2012

Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler

It's the very tail end of strawberry season around here.  If you hurry, you might still get some fresh from the farmer's market.  While you're there, pick up a few stalks of rhubarb--you'll need it!

This delicious dessert features the flavors of summertime.  Fresh strawberries and rhubarb combined into a sweet cobbler--it's the perfect summer dessert.  Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and you're all set!

Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler

Serves 8

You will need:
3 cups fresh strawberries, cut into fourths
1 cup fresh rhubarb, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 cups + 2 Tablespoons sugar
1 stick margarine
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk

1.  Combine strawberries, rhubarb, and 1 cup sugar in a bowl.  Set aside.

2.  Melt margarine in a 9x13 inch dish.

3.  Mix 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and milk together in a small bowl.

4.  Pour on top of margarine in baking dish.  Do not stir.

5.  Top with strawberry rhubarb mixture.  Again, do not stir.

6.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

7.  Cool for about 5 minutes and then sprinkle remaining 2 Tablespoons of sugar over the crust.

5 comments:

  1. Yum! If only Bob liked strawberries. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I have never made anything with rhubarb, but I've seen it used in many desserts. As I need to add a few new foods into our line-up, I'm going to try this out on my family. :) Visiting from Tuesday Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I just commented on your frozen yogurt and then saw this - it looked delish, so I clicked on it and lo and behold it was you again! I seriously cannot wait to see what else you have coming.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips