Melissa's Cuisine: Roasted Pork Loin

Monday, July 09, 2012

Roasted Pork Loin

Sometimes, the more simple a recipe is, the better!  Elaborate dishes are fun to make and eat, but often times it's the simple recipes that really shine.  This pork loin is one of those recipes.  A blend of flavorful spices is rubbed over a tender pork loin, and then cooked to perfection.  My favorite part of the meat is the edge because of all the flavor from the spices. 

This pork loin is simple enough to make on a weeknight, but delicious enough to serve to company.  It's a recipe that my dad has made for years and now I make it for Mike and me.  It never disappoints!  I serve it with a fresh salad and crispy roast potatoes (recipe coming soon!) for a delicious and balanced meal.

Roasted Pork Loin
Serves 3-4
You will need:
1 (1 pound) pork loin
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon rosemary

1.  In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, thyme, garlic powder, pepper, salt, sage, and rosemary.
2.  Rub the spices onto the pork loin until it's completely coated.  Place in a shallow baking dish.

3.  Place the pork loin in a 500 degree oven.  After 5 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 and bake for 20 minutes, until the interior temperature reaches 140 degrees.
4.  After removing the pork loin from the oven, cover it with foil and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting into it.

7 comments:

  1. This is something I've never made. Looks good! I'll be trying it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Sticking to the basics and simplicity. I don't like to mask the flavour of what I'm eating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pork roast is not really a favorite in our house. Perhaps this recipe will change some minds. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love pork roasts...and this one made with pantry items looks delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love it, if you would share this, & any others you may have, on my recipe link up. http://goodrecipesonline.com/organized-linkup-for-all-your-recipes-goodrecipesonline-com/.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be definitely trying this soon. I love pork loin and this looks amazing. I love the rub you used too. Thanks for sharing on Creative Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Roast Pork. This looks so good! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips