Melissa's Cuisine: Crispy Garlic Potatoes

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Crispy Garlic Potatoes

I mentioned on Monday that I love to make simple dishes that taste delicious.  I also like to make simple dishes that look complicated but aren't.  These potatoes are a good example--they look like they took a long time to make and have an impressive presentation.  Really, they were quite simple to put together. 

The flavors of these potatoes were fantastic!  I made a garlic infused olive oil to drizzle over the top of the potatoes before baking them.  I also placed some diced garlic between the pieces of the potatoes.  The result?  Perfectly garlicy potatoes!

Crispy Garlic Potatoes

Serves 6-8

You will need:
8 large russet potatoes, washed
5 Tablespoons olive oil
5 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
salt

1.  Using a sharp knife, or a mandolin slicer, thinly slice the potatoes widthwise. 

2.  Arrange sliced potatoes vertically in a casserole dish.

3.  In a small skillet, heat the olive oil and sliced garlic until the garlic is softened.

4.  Carefully pour the olive oil over the potatoes.  Try to get some between each potato.

5.  Place sliced garlic between potato slices.

6.  Sprinkle the potatoes with salt.

7.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 30 minutes, until the potatoes are crispy.

Inspired by: Amanda's Cooking

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a really good side dish! I'm wondering if Mike laughs when you take pictures before you can eat. My family does!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he does. Sometimes he knows supper is ready but then he hears me taking pictures. Sometimes I have to reheat our food because I took to long taking pictures :)

      Delete
  2. I'm really liking potatoes cooked this way. They really look delicious and full of flavour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic pic. We call these Hasselback potatoes for some reason.
    Glad I found you through It's a Keeper's linky party. I linked in bacon and scrambled egg rolls. Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you had me at potatoes! We love potatoes and if I could get away with it I'd probably make them every day! These look amazing and I can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next. Have a great weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as it cools down (heat wise) enough to turn my oven on I will be trying these out..I LOVE potato's

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks FABULOUSLY YUMMY!!! Ohhh YUMM!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these look yummy! I am featuring on Mangia Mondays today -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips