Melissa's Cuisine: Pepperoni Pizza Bites

Monday, June 11, 2012

Pepperoni Pizza Bites


Pizza is one of our go-to meals around our house. I typically have all the ingredients in the house and if I have some dough already in the freezer, it's a relatively quick meal to make.  As you might guess, we also love any twist on pizza, like pizza bites, pizza rolls, pizza monkey bread, and pizza bread.

Everyone once in a while, Mike and I will have a "sample-platter" meal.  It's basically a random assortment of whatever we have in the house that sounds good--usually a lot of finger foods.  We don't do it too often because it tends to not be a healthy meal!  When I saw this recipe, I knew it would be a great addition to our next "sample-platter" meal.

These pepperoni pizza bites were so easy to make, and they were delicious!  I made a full batch of the cheese filling the first time I made these, but we didn't end up needing it all.  It made a great addition to Mike's lunch, as well as a delicious after-work snack for him.  It also made a delicious dip.  These would make a great lunch for kids this summer, and it's easy enough they could make it themselves!
Pepperoni Pizza Bites

Makes 20-30 servings

You will need:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup pizza sauce
pepperoni slices
Town House crackers

1.  In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, and pizza sauce until well combined.

2.  Place a couple tablespoons of the filling on one Town House cracker.

3.  Top with a pepperoni slice.

4.  Continue filling until all the cheese filling is used up.

Adapted from: Picky Palate

2 comments:

  1. I'm always trying to come up with something different for lunch, especially in the summer time. What a great idea! I'd love for you to link up at Fantastic Friday. Hope to see you there! http://www.fivelittlechefs.com/2012/06/fantastic-thursday-link-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love finger food snacks! These look delish. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips