Melissa's Cuisine: Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Dog Biscuits

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Dog Biscuits

It's a special day around our house today!  We're celebrating a birthday!  Finally someone in our family has a summer birthday (Mike and I have winter birthdays).  Today, our baby puppy is 1 year old!  It's incredible how time has flown by since we rescued him.  We adopted Champ last September.  He weighed just 16 pounds.  Now, he's a year old and weighing in at 62 pounds.  He's a bundle of energy and we spoil him like crazy!
Champ when he was a puppy

"Mommy, can I have a cookie?"
In honor of his birthday, I decided to make some special treats.  I wanted something pet-friendly, but also something that was special for him.  I turned to one of my favorite blogs, and I knew that if her fur baby enjoyed this treat, mine would too.  Champ loved this snack--I snuck him a little piece of the raw dough when I was making this yesterday and he gobbled it right up!  Champ loves peanut butter--I think he takes after his mommy :)
Can you see the biscuit in his mouth?  He carries large pieces of food around before eating them!
Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Dog Biscuits

Makes 13

You will need:
2 Tablespoons flaxseed meal
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 cup water
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup oatmeal
2 cups flour

1.  Mix all ingredients together until a dough is formed.  Add more flour or water if necessary.

2.  Roll dough into 1-1/2" balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.  Press down gently to flatten biscuits.

3.  Bake at 300 for 20 minutes.  Turn off the oven and leave the treats in it for several hours to harden.

Source: Culinary Concoctions by Peabody

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Champ! You are adorable and very spoiled to get homemade biscuits. You are obviously loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Champ! You are a lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it - we just got a rescue pup on Sunday:)

    cannot wait to give these a try

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips