Melissa's Cuisine: Chicken Tortilla Bake

Monday, June 04, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Bake

This is one of our favorite dinners.  It actually came about because I was short on time and ingredients and we needed dinner!  I went through the fridge and picked out a few ingredients, like left-over chicken, tortillas, and cheese.  Then I got to work, and this is what I came up with.  Mike and I both really liked this dish.  The tortillas absorbed some of the liquid from the soup and took on a noodle type texture.  It was very easy to make, and is on our regular dinner rotation now.

Chicken Tortilla Bake

Makes an 8x8" pan, serves 4-6

You will need:
8 flour tortillas
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1.  Line the bottom of a greased 8x8" pan with 2 tortillas.  You will need to cut one in half to cover the entire bottom of the pan.

2.  In a medium bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and milk until smooth.

3.  Spread 1/3 of the soup mixture over the tortillas.

4.  Sprinkle 1/3 of the shredded chicken over the soup.

5.  Top with 2 more tortillas, cut to fit the pan.

6.  Repeat soup, chicken, and tortilla layers 2 more times, ending with tortillas on top.

7.  Sprinkle tortillas with cheese.

8.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until heated through.


What do you do with your left-overs?

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this! It reminds me of chicken enchiladas in a much simpler way. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious! I know it would be enjoyed around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! One of my favorite type of dishes. Sounds delicious! Thanks so much for stopping by Creative Thursday last week. I couldn’t do these parties without you. Can’t wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, I featured this on Mangia Mondays today! Thanks for sharing!
    http://www.shineyourlightblog.com/2012/06/mangia-mondays-june-features.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips