Melissa's Cuisine: Strawberry Mango Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Strawberry Mango Salsa with Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips

Coming home from vacation is hard work!  After a week of being waited on, not having to cook or clean, and lots of fun and relaxation, it's hard to return to reality.  We got home Sunday morning, and went straight to bed.  Monday was spent doing laundry, getting groceries, and doing some yard work.  And then Tuesday, Mike and I both headed back to work.  It's a tough adjustment after doing nothing but relaxing and having fun on vacation!

We had a fantastic time in Hawaii.  We got to visit 4 of the major islands and we experienced a lot of new things.  One of my favorite things (of course) was all the food.  We both fell in love with apple bananas, and I'm really hoping we can find them around here.  (Any ideas where to look?)  I got to try a lot of new foods, but one of my favorite things was the abundance of fresh fruit.  Each morning I had a variety of fresh fruit with breakfast--Hawaiian pineapple and guava just can't be beat!

Both strawberries and mangoes rank at the top of my list of favorite fruits.  I didn't have any strawberries in Hawaii, but I did have some delicious mango.  This salsa combines my two favorites into one delicious appetizer.  The most time consuming part of this recipe is dicing up all the mangoes and strawberries.  Hopefully you  have a chopper that will make it easier than it was for me!  I made cinnamon sugar tortilla chips to use for dipping.  As you may guess, I did make this salsa a little while ago--I bought it to girl's night with my cousins and it was a huge hit!

Strawberry Mango Salsa

Serves 10-12

You will need:
2 medium mangoes, diced
1 quart of strawberries, hulled and diced
1 Tablespoon agave nectar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
sprinkle of parsley

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Refrigerate before serving.

Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips

Serves 10-12

You will need:
12 flour tortillas (or however many comes in the package you purchase)
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
4 Tablespoons sugar (or equivalent amount of your choice of sweetener)
1-1/2 Tablespoons cinnamon

1.  Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.

2.  Spread butter over each tortilla and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon sugar mixture.

3.  Using a pizza cutter, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges.

4.  Place wedges, sugar side up, in a single layer on a cookie sheet.  You will need more than one cookie sheet.

5.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, until tortillas are browned and cripsy.

Serve cinnamon sugar tortilla chips with strawberry mango salsa.

Slightly adapted from: Barbara Bakes

18 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time, knew you would! This looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine that this salsa is a huge hit. What a wonderful combination of flavors. I'm going to pin this to my recipe board. Glad to have you share this recipe at Show & Tell.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this on RecipeNewZ. Great looking salsa! Love it :-) So colorful and the flavors are so perfect! Got to try this! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I can't wait to try this recipe. So glad I stopped in from Creative Thursday. I would love to invite you to come party with us sometime on Fabulous Friday. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks sooo yummy! I would LOVE to have you share this at my link party going on....and maybe even become a new follower! Following you via GFC

    http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/05/homemade-by-you-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm a new follower. This looks AWESOME!
    I'd like to invite you to link up with my Super link party!
    http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/2012/05/super-link-party-1.html

    I hope to see you there!
    ~Susie~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for linking your yummy salsa recipe up to the first What's Hot In The Firehouse linky party. Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks SO GOOD! I may have to use this at my Memorial Day BBQ this weekend. Thanks for sharing, your blog looks great! I found you via Manic Monday link party today, I'm having a Meatless Monday link-up myself if you want to share this there too: http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/2012/05/meatless-monday-kale-pesto-with-feta.html

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! This looks fabulous. I have never heard o an apple banana before. Sounds yummy! Thanks for linking up your recipe to Things That Make You Say Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make one with strawberries and green apples. I am excited to try the mango!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks delicious! I would love for you to come by and link up this project at the Creative Corner Hop. The linky party starts on Monday and stays open all week.

    Sandy
    Cherished Handmade Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  13. Strawberries and mangoes (and pears) are my 7 year old's favorite fruits. He will love this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, this was too awesome, had to share: http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/2012/05/sweet-saturday-6-memorial-day-recipes.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw this on Mix it Up Monday. I am a new follower. Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article.
    Mango exporter in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can a girl get pregnant on her period?

    The topic of whether or not a girl can get pregnant during her period is one that has been debated for years. Some people believe that it is impossible for a girl to get pregnant during her menstrual cycle, while others say that it is possible, but it is highly unlikely. There are a number of factors that play into whether or not a girl can get pregnant on her period, including the length of her menstrual cycle and the timing of intercourse especially if you have an irregular cycle. In this blog post, we’ll get to know if it’s possible to get pregnant on a menstrual period! Read more here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips