Melissa's Cuisine: Asiago Beer Bread

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Asiago Beer Bread

I think beer bread is one of the most simple breads to make.  It doesn't require any yeast, and it can be made in just about an hour.  It's perfect for when you need a quick loaf of delicious bread.

I've made beer bread many times, and while I've made variations (like Vault bread), I'd never thought to add anything into the batter until recently.  For some reason I decided to add Asiago cheese to the batter.  I was making the bread for a work party and I wanted something different.  I love beer bread and I love Asiago cheese, and I thought the combination would be good.  I was right, the Asiago in the bread was stellar!  Some of my co-workers who were watching their diets even broke the diet to have a piece...or two!

Asiago Beer Bread

Makes 1 loaf

You will need:

3 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) can beer
3 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 cup Asiago cheese, shredded

1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.

2. Add beer and mix until combined.

3.  Stir in 3/4 cup of the Asiago cheese until well distributed.

4. Place dough in a greased bread pan.

5. Pour melted margarine over dough.  Sprinkle with remaining Asiago cheese.

6. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes, until golden brown.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! This sounds easy and very tasty! Im making this today:) Thank you! Deidre~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great and the recipe is very interesting and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM, that sounds delish! Thanks so much for sharing at Pin It and Win It Wednesday @ www.cheapcraftymama.com!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flavor of the cheese with the beer sounds like a perfect pairing. Thanks for sharing at Show & Tell.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds amazing! I pinned it :)
    Jacki@redheadedmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds delicious!! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Friday. I can't wait to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! This looks super delicious. Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday last week. I can't wait to see what you link up this week. Have a great day :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips